Skip to content

Discuss This BMW announces K1600 GT and K1600 GTL six-cylinder tourers New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW announces K1600 GT and K1600 GTL six-cylinder tourers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

BMW announces K1600 GT and K1600 GTL six-cylinder tourers

BMW will produce TWO versions of it’s all-new 1600cc straight six-cylinder tourer – the K1600GT and K1600GTL. Video: BMW K1600GT adaptive headlight explained The K1600 GT will be similar in concept to the K1300GT – a comfortable, gadget-laden tourer but with a riding position and setup to give it some sporting ability. BMW K1600LT spy shot The K1600GTL will be the super-tourer to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 July 2010 11:19)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MATT5000

Jul 09

MATT5000 says:

BMW Electronics

Hmmm, loads of stuff fitted to another BMW that people dont need in there life, BMW electronics are far from reliable, recalls will be plentifull, residuals will be b*llocks and in a year they will replace it with something "better"

Why do manufacturers think bikers want electronic this and that, i want a bike with a good reliable engine i can do most of the maintenance on myself, and that has suspension that works. I dont want or need adaptive lights, electronic suspension settings, DTC, ABS, BOL, LOC, KS.
I hope this new peice of toss fails and they relaise what people actually want from a predominantely leisure vehicle.
I dont think Ewan or that short ugly bloke would of got round the world without the massive entourage following them with spare everythings!

Reply to this Topic
nss5pjs

May 10

nss5pjs says:

Adaptive-Proactive

Let's see .... Now I have plotted this algorithm of XYZ acceleration and hung my bike at 32.5 degrees lean it turned out that it was just the bloody headlight bulb!  Who knew??  I figured darkness was more complicated than that!

Adaptive, proactive, dynamic, reactive!  Let's just get our arms around this issue and reach out for somebody with more bullshit than the marketing guy!  God, I hate it when corporate crap worms it's way into our motorcycles.  I thought all these buzzwords were American! 

I have a new idea!  Let's get rid of the projector headlights and use a bulb and a reflector for a wider beam that according to my calculations will be good at any angle!  Excuse me while I puke!  COME ON BMW, DON'T DO GERMANY THIS WAY!  Stick to good engineering and reliability or I will have to sell my Beemers and buy a bloody Harley!

Reply to this Topic
jharna

Mar 11

jharna says:

BMW K 1600 GTL

I ordered one. The GT. Could not pass it up.
Been riding for 40 years and still have my 1970 Bonneville. Restored twice over. Artwork.
I view this new K, regardless of which one, as a major advance for two wheel long distance travels. I currently ride about 15k miles a year; 95% long distance. Canada, the US and Mexico. I hold a handful of Iron Butt certificates for varying times and distances. My long rides have been on RT’s and GT’s, although my favorite K was an 02 RS, useless for long trips, but headers/Two Brother and a chip change turned it into lightning.
My next voyage is already in the making, starting in June. All Cal coastline to Port Angeles, then Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Banff and then the Prairie with a long loop to New Orleans.
I’ve a wonderful 08 K12gt for sale, if anyone’s interested.
Ride safe. Ride fast. Keep the rubber side down.

BMW K 1600 GTL

Reply to this Topic
Flyer177

Sep 13

Flyer177 says:

cracked pistons

A video tells it all. Great bike to ride while it goes. Now back with new motor after 4 months at dealership. Not what I expected from BMW  cracked pistonshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDpj0LrVuM

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices