Skip to content

Discuss This Anti-bike rants on newspaper website General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Anti-bike rants on newspaper website

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Anti-bike rants on newspaper website

An opinion column calling speeding motorcyclists ‘immoral’ has prompted a string of anti-bike comments on the Guardian newspaper’s website. Click here to see the column Motorcyclists are referred to in readers’ posts as ‘organ donors’, ‘annoying’ and ‘desperate and stupid’. One alludes to countering anti-social riding with the use of ‘piano wire’. Another says: ‘Given the average age of riders and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 July 2010 16:59)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scarthie

Feb 08

scarthie says:

daily mirror

paul routledge is a cunt & the daily mirror i would use it wipe my bun with slag bikers off what a cunt

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

Guardian is Pro Biker

Ed Douglas summarises his story by saying;

No question: being on two wheels is more dangerous than four. Around one in four road traffic accident fatalities are motorcyclists. But, overall, motorcycling is becoming safer even as it becomes more popular. Most motorcyclists are responsible adults. Advisory campaigns like BikeSafe will get a better response than more bossy road signs. In this period of public-spending cuts, the authorities should focus on the minority who are criminally selfish, and not treat bikers as children.

he is actualy spot on being a biker is spoilt by a minority who think they have the right to ride like complete tools

good biking roads and even bike meets are sometimes policed heavily because of this minority

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

I Like The Guardian Too

Tis my number 1 - if only sometimes - read daily mirror et al are a genuine set ... i dont care about their own perpetuating bulsh

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I like the fact that so many nasty little people are annoyed by motorcyclists so much, i find it pathetic and funny, i just laugh at them, gets to them more than swearing etc, just the kind of nasty little people they are, it's funny

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I can't get

the link to work...

Reply to this Topic
vitesse7749

Nov 08

vitesse7749 says:

Old rubber

As a 63 year old enthusiest riding for 47 years, a freind is a DDay veteran 86 riding for 68 years, another former Marine 76 riding 60 years, another 76 years old riding 59 years, etc. I have yet to see people like this do anything but enjoy the machine. My two best school freinds one a VN vet both died in their 40s of cancer, another was a SEAL for 25 years died of cancer.my brother died in his 40s, my cousin a wounded VN vet died in his 40s froze to death. ALL MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIESTS all died young of other causes. My experience is that life kills you. If you don't like bikes you are probably to frightened to get out there. So peddle your bicycles, wallow in your cars, sweat on your Tube, squeeze in your buses but leave us free to enjoy true life and adventure. If that's "pathetic" I'll take it over all the Guardian has to sell.

Reply to this Topic
LeBigmac

Jun 10

LeBigmac says:

here the link http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jun/30/selfishness-speeding-motorcyclists

Reply to this Topic
youngbull1980

Oct 06

its always the same, some anti-biker/ing journalist having a pop at bikes and bikers, ok this articile wasn't as bad as some i've seen, but its a few that give all a bad name.

I've not been riding for a long time 2 and half years (nearly 3) on a 125 then 5months on a 650. As jwe4 says if you hand the keys to a ferrari to someone, their likely todrive like a tool. and this was one of the reasons (and cash) i took to get a bigger bike. and the main reason i didn't jump straight on a litre supersports.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Excellent News!

Once again we are outlaws, outsiders, animals and lawbreakers..! Where'me Brando T-shirt? Might I suggest a `gathering of the clans` at a large site somewhere in the centre of the UK? Somewhere we can laud our immoral and illegal activities. Somewhere which requires the presence of thousands of police to maintain calm and public order, to stop the inevitable muggings and `natural wastage`... I mean, the BMF Show with twice the average football crowd but just one tenth the number of police officers, less violence and theft than the outside courts at Wimbledon and a rare gathering where it is actually safe to let your children off the leash just isn't sending the right message, now, is it...? Right, I'm off to mug a granny and eat a baby. ;)

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

me again...

Just trawled through the whole article while I wait for kettle to boil (so I can pour boiling water on children, not make a cup of tea, you understand Grrrr!) and I don't see anti-biker sentiment, never mind the words. What I see is ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MuhahHAAA!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices