Skip to content

Discuss This Anti-bike rants on newspaper website General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Anti-bike rants on newspaper website

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Anti-bike rants on newspaper website

An opinion column calling speeding motorcyclists ‘immoral’ has prompted a string of anti-bike comments on the Guardian newspaper’s website. Click here to see the column Motorcyclists are referred to in readers’ posts as ‘organ donors’, ‘annoying’ and ‘desperate and stupid’. One alludes to countering anti-social riding with the use of ‘piano wire’. Another says: ‘Given the average age of riders and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 July 2010 16:59)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

so what?

i have been riding bikes since 95'.. and i dislike most bikers too. esoecially the twat who does 50mph down my 30 limit road. on a really gay modified bandit. gonna drag him off it and stamp on the fucker. cunt.

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

sorry... am a lifelong passive-aggressive. anyway... biking is all about being different, special. something other than the norm.   to call someone a 'donor' is to admit that they live in 1996 and watch ally mcbeal. if biking was for the masses... i would get a car.

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

read the column. just full of rhetoric really, i love it when mountaineers get skull-fucked half way up k2 and freeze to death- although freezing to death half way up an eroding pile of rocks IS NO WHERE NEAR AS COLD AS RIDING TO WORK IN FEBRUARY.... now that is cold.    there are more speeding cars than bikes, yet somehow to exceed a maximum speed limit in a mazda is less offensive than on 2 wheels (to most people)  how many cars travel at 71 + mph on motorways? 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

It is one person's

solitary experience. Thus to make comparisons / judgements on one person's single experience is a bad idea, every story has two sides, and none of us know ALL the facts of what happened in this case.

It isn't bikes or cars or HGV's or vans or roads that are dangerous, it's people that are dangerous.

Thanks LeBigmac for posting the link.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Why Worry

It's difficult to believe that humans can put a man on the moon and split the atom when your read the comments made by these uneducated, small minded, turds in the article. I only hope natural selection and evolution will force these feeble, retarded excuses for members of the human race to extinction.

Reply to this Topic
bagwafu

Apr 09

bagwafu says:

I bet the journo has never witnessed a biker stoofing into a car because the driver pulled out of a junction without looking - and I also bet that this situation is far more common than a driver swerving off the road into a brick wall to avoid a biker - and the closing speed to make this happen must have been massive which might just mean the driver coming the other way was speeding as well ............ anyway it doesn't matter people die in accidents all the time as my biology teacher once told me its just Mother Nature's way of population control. The journo does makes some valid comments, about minorities, and the value of training such as BikeSafe etc however it is the bigotted and short sighted comments from the complete losers that wind me up - I just want to grab these people, put them on the back of my gixer and ride around at the speed limit and let them witness the utterly abysmal driving standards of car drivers. Anyway they can wait in that traffic jam or behind the long line of slow moving traffic I'm not going to stop overtaking them just because they may get offended - its just jealousy and if they dont have the balls to get a life and do something about it then tough shit.

Reply to this Topic
halftank

Feb 10

halftank says:

Stuff the reporters

they are just a bunch of Paul Routeledge clones, in sandals and nylon shirts and pants ...the middle England brown trouser brigade wot wot ....

Reply to this Topic
scottyblade

Jul 10

scottyblade says:

gaurdian??? sack of shite!

okay,  we are being immoral doing something that has a huge feelgood factor but also potentialy can be fatal................     does this chap claim soldiers are immoral????      but lets not get worried about a guardian reporter!!  lets face it, no one reads that sack of shite any way!!  apart from lental eating, rabbit hugging liberals!!!!!!  ..................................... but i bet their reporters all drive huge engined cars!!  with huge MPG's....................  mmm  not very moral to!!  ............. 

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

Anti-newspaper rants on biker website!

Some of those comments are pretty vile but I can understand drivers' frustration with riders who seem to think they have an exemption from the law. Virtually every time I ride I am given the opportunity to feel ashamed of the behaviour of one of my fellow motorcyclists. Having ridden in many corners of the world, I am sorry to say that British riders are amongst the most reckless I have seen.

Reply to this Topic
arbg92

Oct 05

arbg92 says:

Guardian or MCN..??

I read with interest the article on MCN about "The Guardian" filled with rage I read the article and found to be honest that I felt MCN had embleished it..! (No Im not a Guardian reader..! ) It did seem that MCn had been selective with the information. When you read throught the article there are plenty of fellow motorcyclists venting there annoyance. However, the articel refelcts what we all know that the Journo in this case has picked on a tiny minority blowing it up to biblical propotions. However, this motorcyclist had little regard for himself of other drivers, We ride a bike for the fun of it, but we put ourselves in harms way every time we turn the key. On this occasion the motorcyclist pushed his luck once too often.! Journalists will always try to spin it to there advantage so dont take everything at face value. Todays news is only tomorrows fish and chip wrappers! get on with life, enjoy your riding and forget about what the papers say.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices