Skip to content

General Oooo it's getting close!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Oooo it's getting close!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LittleKimbers

Feb 10

Oooo it's getting close!!

Only a few more months before I'll be zipping across Africa on the 'Ride for Life' aka Enduro Africa...

For those that don't know I learnt to ride a bike to do this and now have the bug!

If you can sponsor me it'd be much appreciated my blog is here Kimbers' Enduro Africa Challenge.

I've raised £2,500 and need a further £2,500 in by mid-July so time is running short for me!!! I am beinning to panic! :upset:

The money goes to UNICEF, Sentebale, The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund and Touch Africa so four great charities.

Willing to have body parts sponsored if you have a company that would like to write some tax off against my sponsorship!!

Thanks again guys - I'm getting nervous now...

K.x.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 July 2010 14:57)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

ohh

can i come can i come can i come

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Im more interested in this 'sponsorship of body parts' bit............. :huh:

If the body parts come back, do we get to keep them??? :roll eyes:

If so......... Im a bit of a breast man!! :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
LittleKimbers

Feb 10

Guys...

... if you sponsor me you can have one boob each on my return and an ass! :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
LittleKimbers

Feb 10

Come a long Ally600

gotta sponsor me first!! :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

bloomin 'eck!!

how many boobs you got gal?:huh::lol:.  i'd love to be able to help you out, but only working part-time since redundancy....if I win the lottery at the weekend though you'll be top of the list.  What happens if you don't raise the wonga before the deadline?:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Guys...

... if you sponsor me you can have one boob each on my return and an ass!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With an offer like that I was sponsoring you.... Unfortunately Kimbers, the link doesn't work! :upset:

Ohhhhh...... And can I have that in writting aswell? Pm me and I'll send you my address!!! :wink::lol:

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

My sons just come back from africa.

He tells me it goes a bit like this. People, like yourself, collect money, then it goes to africa UNICEF etc , and the big bad guys pocket it all. The good folks of africa dont see it. He asked em and they aint seen a penny. 

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

yes,

a lot of african countries are terribly corrupt, but some projects are very successful....my cousin is currently out there:- www.overlandinthesun.com/ raising cash (albeit finding that bit tough) but also working on and seeing evidence of, the work of Solar Aid in that region, so not fair to generalise......

Reply to this Topic
LittleKimbers

Feb 10

Well...

If I don't raise it I'll just put my hand a little further in my pocket...

The link to sponsor is www.enduroafrica.wordpress.com...

Oh and only two... but that's enough!

PS. I'm on page 21 of today's MCN!

Reply to this Topic
littlejoes

Aug 10

littlejoes says:

enduro africa

You will have a fantastic time! i did the Port Elizabeth up to Durban in 2008 and enjoyed it so much i did the down trip ,as a last minute decision (within several weeks of the off)last year.

Going on the Cambodia ride this year for a change but will definately do Enduro Africa again at some time in the future.Its a fantastic country with wonderful hospitality from all the locals there cant be many places in the world where a gang of dusty sweaty bikers can ride across someones land and then be welcomed into the locals mud hut houses with a smile!,and the midweek day at a local school will certainly invoke an everlasting memory and put a different perspective on life.

The riding itself is some of the best offroading in the world and you will see wild parts of Africa even most south africans dont see ,you will end up riding terrain you would never think possible on a bike,even the goats dont go some of the places we did!Mike Glover and his crazy team certainly know how to do a bike trip with a distinct difference!

Regards prep and kit,the fitter you can get before you go the better able you will be to cope whatever your riding exp and ability,good body armour is a must as is  adequate camel pack capacity,some days we were getting through 4 or 5 liters of water.Forget all about a enduro jacket,the only chap i saw who insisted on wearing one of those was carried off in the ambulance with dehydration and heat exhaustion! all you need is the body armour and the airtex mx style shirt you will be given before the ride.A lightweight waterproof jacket is handy at times but if you dont fancy taking one the locals tend to use bin liners when its wet.

Above all else take a good sense of humour and remember, ride as carefully as you can as its a long challenging ride, and you want to enjoy it to the finnish,i have seen many disapointed with crashes and broken bones early on and cant help feeling sorry for what they are missing.In fact several chaps in my 2008 group actualy rode several days with various broken bones in order not to miss out.

I am really envious,have a fantastic time,i am sure you will as they were certainly some of the best weeks of my life,truly great memories,highly recomended to anyone whether you like bikes or not.

A

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices