Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Harris Harley XR1200 special First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Harris Harley XR1200 special

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Harris Harley XR1200 special

This modified Harley XR1200 - built by Harris Performance -  is a road-going replica of the racing XR1200s they developed for the XR1200 Trophy one-make race series, which supports selected rounds of BSB.   Find a Harley XR1200 for sale Read the Harley XR1200 review Watch the video to see why our road tester Michael Neeves says: "this is the most excited I've...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (07 July 2010 09:19)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scottdiver690

Nov 09

A good Harley

I rode an XR-1200, handled quite nice, crap slow, vibrated like a washing machine and was 200 lbs too heavy, so this one is £15,000?, are they mad?, buy an old Bandit 1200 for a grand, carbon wheels and a mild tune and run rings around those underpowered and overpriced Harley's sitting pretty outside the fish and chip shop, nuff said?

Reply to this Topic
999DukeR

Jul 09

999DukeR says:

Harris Harley XR1200

Not everyone wants to go at warp speed everywhere, and that is why bikes like the XR1200 & Buells are a good punt. Yes they do vibrate like washing machines, but that is part of their character. I,ve owned GSXR'S Z1000'S Superduke R , Etc Etc, And they have all been traded in . But I will never get rid of my Buell X1 White Lightening because it's the only one with character . Anyway, when out on rides it keeps up easily with the race reps around the twisties, which is real riding anyway ! Where's the glory in blasting your mates away in a straight line on your 180BHP Hayabusa down the dual carriageway anyway ? Been there, Done that !

Reply to this Topic
BillyRR

Feb 10

BillyRR says:

Hot Harley

I bought a standard one of these as an ex Demo and loved it.  So much so that I traded it in for a new one.  They are great fun....and that's why Neevesy loved this suped up version.  The sensitive steering he spoke about will partly be caused by the dymag wheels, which use a 17" front, rather than the stock 18" in order to make the bike quicker steering for the race series, and allow more tyre options.  I'll be contacting harris about some of the bits, because the stock bike, while great fun, does have scope for improvement and I think these bikes are worth the effort.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices