You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Boring Motogp

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BANDIT2005

Mar 09

BANDIT2005 says:

Boring Motogp

Another pathetic procession with too few bikes on the grid.Please let's go back to 1000cc engines based on production bikes with one off frames etc.Let's have 30 bikes on the grid with all the manufacturers entering teams.Lets limit the engines to 200 bhp with a minmum weight limit to keep costs down.Cannot see Motogp surviving unless something radical changes.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (07 July 2010 10:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Radical changes...............

.......... only strong rumours to date.... but your radical change is about to happen.... with the Rossi switch.... which is all that is required.   Your suggestions smack of moto2 and the boardroom formula of lets control everything so the riders and teams no longer have to think.... weight limits bigger grids, all bullshit........... as for keeping the costs down.. this is grand prix motorcycle racing not a trip to Costco.... the procession was moto2, that class you know with those full grids that keep the costs down.... pound for pound you can't tell me that the teams are finacially better off and everyone is closer to the front.......nobody enters motorcycle racing to be better off.......... production bikes.. what are you on!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

MGPNR

Whilst I agree with your sentiments entirely re MotoGP, we must remember that there is no God given neccessity to have such a thing as propotype racing.

If it gets too boring/costly/uncompetitive/un-attractive to sponsors, then it will die. Simples.

Of course it would be great to have the freedom to run what you like up to an engine size limit, which I believe is what you (and I) want, but we are where we are and tweeking it to fit in with the modern world may be the best of not very many options. Sadly.

I hate to say it, but what we are watching at the moment is not a great spectacle. Each week I switch on, full of expectation and hope for an all time great race, only to have that feeling that my time could possibly have been better spent cleaning the oven or weeding the garden. 

It could be simply that we`ve already seen the best, and we are looking at the demise of this type of racing.

I dont know. What do you reckon?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
zedthoumac

Jul 09

zedthoumac says:

I agree.....boring

I'm not really sure what the answer is tho. More bikes maybe. I watched Moto2 at the last round in Spain and it was way more exciting to watch. I hate to say it but I agree that MotoGP is getting boring........Theres only 3 reasons I watch, Rossi, Lorenzo and Spies

BSB is where its at for me tho.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

WHEN is a race........

....... boring?....... usually when the span of attention of the person watching is set to wane.... with all the many disciplines within motorcycle racing it's a pity that the benchmark has become the 24 lap dash, and whether that dash involves a series of paint swapping scraps to the very end..... just because a rider/team displays a period of dominance the racing is labelled boring..... I personally have never come away from  watching Grand prix motorcycle racing wishing I'd stayed in the kitchen or garden....... or for that matter thinking I'd been better off watching the antics of the WSB boys..... as I write the F1 cars howl around Silverstone......these are prototype cars which bear no resemblance to anything the paying public is ever likely to drive, and yet despite some truly atrocious precessional races and practically no comprehension of what makes the things tick.....people flock to support the event and as a result the sport seems stronger than ever even after all those calls for changes based on economic conditions......lets make it more affordable.... the team owners just cried shove it..... motorcycle racing has in motogp the very sharp end of prototype racing and all we get from the average punter is this is boring lets throw in some street bikes and liven it up a bit...... can't hear the same cries from the F1 punters to throw in a few clios and focuses and we'll all be happy...... so what do I reckon...... you probably already know the answer to that...... Speedway is purely prototype racing, and watched and cherished by a huge cross section of people...... don't here anybody asking how can we make it cheaper..... just a thought.....

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Its

called boring because of the too few bikes on the grid. Not because of the dominance of any rider or team.

How do we get more bikes on the grid?

I love Motogp and my kitchen/garden comment was just to make a point. I`m not paying a 3 figure sum to see 15 bikes. If enough other people think the same then the only way is down.

There needs to be at least 20-22 bikes out there or I can see it dying a death.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Surprisingly.............

.......... I disagree..Rainey won 3 on the bounce with 12/13 on the grid, I don't recall any cries of boredom.... yes there were concerns and efforts were made to swell the ranks........... but even with 30 plus on the grid there is still only 10 in the race.. the rest are usually mobile bollards..... the question of how do we get more bikes on the grid... I suppose and being no expert on corporate motorsport finances, is about distribution of budgets via factories and major sponsors........ and there involvement is based I suppose on viewing and potential viewing figures.......... and a lot of that depends on the quality of the show..... one very simple explanation as to why Mr. Rossi is so valuable... a lot of the time he is the show.... So the theory goes that all the money now saved by abolishing the 250's and running those much cheaper moto 2 machines.... the re-distribution of finances can begin, and factories can focus on the premier class.......... get some rookies in there and let the rookie first year rule become the feeder for future factory riders....... because sure as hell moto 2 couldn't feed the kids... let alone a thriving motogp class looking for a full bank..

In the absence of any decent racing this last weekend I did get to spend some time in the kitchen/garden........ and thursday I leave for the Sachsenring to get my fill, and hopefully see the return of the great  man...... I won't be posting requests for the best place to sit, how to get there, and could I share a tent with anyone......that'll probably come as a relief........ Cheers CM..

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Well,

You go and have yourself a good weekend MGPNR.

Hope it stays nice for ya. I`ll be in front of the telly for this one.

I used my brownie points to go see the Hungarian round, which Dorna kindly cancelled... well after I`d bought the flights. In fact after the calender was "finalised".

So in September we`re all in Budapest...for nothing!

Still, I`m told there`s some good museums and galleries there. I`m sure the boys will appreciate these in between getting off their heads on cheap Hungarian lager.:mad:

Have a guddun anyways.

Reply to this Topic
BANDIT2005

Mar 09

BANDIT2005 says:

Boring Motogp

Dear motogpnorival-you are the one talking bullshit!What does it matter what the engine is based on?The rest of the bike would be a prototype. Motogp needs new rules to get more teams involved and to make the racing closer.Having a minimum weight limit stops teams using expensive materials and keeps costs down.A lot of factories would love to be in motogp but cannot afford it.Also they would sell more road bikes if they won on the track.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Lets over react.......

..... and slip into knee-jerk.... reaction.. do you really believe minimum weights and whether or not a team ends up using a few lightweight materials is the make or break of a factory entering the premier class..... and who at the moment are all these factories that would LOVE to be in motogp..... you really do come out with some shit.... Love has no bearing on the decision to go racing..... It's called commerce......

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

MGPNR

I never been to the Saxon Ring,:blink: Is it any good, viewing ect?

Would you recomend it to us for next years trip?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices