Skip to content

General New bike time... R1200GS alternatives? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > New bike time... R1200GS alternatives?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

havadingdong

Jul 10

havadingdong says:

New bike time... R1200GS alternatives?

Hi folk :biggrin:

I'm recently engaged & we're expecting a baby in January - so my bachelor life of 4 bikes in the garage is over.

It's time to sell the lot and dive into the great sea of change. I'm looking for a nearly new bike which will be an awesome all rounder. I do longer tours and need off road ability.

I've decided to go for an enduro style bike as part of a new direction in my riding, which is a complete change for me and as such I know crap all about the bikes that have been produced in the last 5 years.

So I'm really hoping some of you folk can throw me a few bones.

Currently I'm looking at the behemoth R1200GS Adventure (only because it has awesome balance and handling) but also fancy the KTM 990 adventure as it looks as able and not such a monster.

I'm also considering banking half the cash raised and spending less on a 5 year-ish old machine.

I'm riding to and around Morocco in Sept as an indication of the kind of tours I'm into, I regularly ride in Northumberland/Cumbria/Scotland and into Yorkshire, two up, full panniers etc.

ABS is a must. Must also be happy to sit at the tonne so no 650's :winkie:

Eagerly awaiting your pearls of wisdom.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (07 July 2010 21:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
KWAKZ750S

Aug 08

KWAKZ750S says:

r1100gs

Sounds like there's only one real choice.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices