Skip to content

Discuss This Brookes escapes serious injury in Darley Moor crash British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Brookes escapes serious injury in Darley Moor crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Laura Stevens  says:

Brookes escapes serious injury in Darley Moor crash

HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes has crashed today (Thursday) during testing at Darley Moor but has sustained no serious injury and vows to fight on at Snetterton next weekend (16/17/18 July). Brookes high-sided whilst testing at the circuit alongside John McGuinness as the team worked on a new engine specification which they are aiming to run at the Silverstone WSB round. Speaking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 July 2010 17:17)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Interesting story this. I would never have known HM Plant used Darley as test track. Wonder what speed he binned it at as it doesn't say or even what point on the track. Reminds me, I've not been there for ages, must go along and support some local club meets soon.

Reply to this Topic
dickthebuttockscruttock

Feb 03

GWS Brookes

Glad to hear you are ok Josh...... Darley Moor is a bloody death trap in places, as I found out to my cost when racing their a few years ago.  The lack of run-off on some of the bends is appalling and I vowed never to ride there again.

Reply to this Topic
motoGPIZZIL

May 09

motoGPIZZIL says:

Darley moor

I love the atmosphere at Darley moor, as you are so close to the action and there are no stupid 10ft fences obstructing views. I know they are there for a very good reason (our saftey) , but i am willing to take a chance. After all motor racing is a dangerous sport , it says so on the ticket lol

i was just wondering if you can go to see these HM Plant practise sessions as it would be great to see BSB Spec bikes going round Darley. i would be willing to pay a small price to see the spectecal it no doubt would be.

thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light on this  ;o)

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

risk vs benefit

this story kind of sums it up really .... one day, it will catch up with you.  test somewhere safer.

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

Wings - good call.

Would be interesting to know where Josh highsided at Darley, my guess would be coming out of the right hander nearest to the clubhouse dependent on what power he put down but would be keen to know - at least he didn't take out any sheep - last time I was there I was convinced I was going home with a woolly bike!

Reply to this Topic
antimagneto

Jun 09

antimagneto says:

Come on lads..

1/ Get a mate to send your race bike through scrutineering, or send a competent forger. 2/ Put your trunks/helmet on and head for the Cat & Fiddle on your road bike. 4 passes followed up by a banzai Whaley Bridge run. 3/ Mosey on to Darley for the days racing. 4/ Get your trophy and cheque. 5/ Stop on way home for a few beers. 6/ Enjoy an Indian meal at The Agra, in Stoke. 7/ Quick top up in Wetherspoons, then dodge the flying bottles on the way to the van. 8/ Enjoy great sex both on the way and at home (with a 'live' woman preferably). Apart from finding a winning rollover lottery ticket on the footpath life won't get much better.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices