Skip to content

Discuss This Honda confirm Casey Stoner signing MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda confirm Casey Stoner signing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda confirm Casey Stoner signing

The 2011 MotoGP world championship line-up is starting to take shape with Honda officially announcing the signing of Casey Stoner today. Shortly after Ducati confirmed the 2007 world champion was quitting at the end of the current campaign, HRC announced that it had captured the signature of Stoner.Stoner’s deal with the Japanese factory halts endless speculation about the 24-year-old’s move to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 July 2010 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Easy

Stoner will moan anywhere he goes...he shakes his head to see if theres anything in there!!

As for upsetting the season this year....it doesnt matter with Rossi out its a forgone conclusion and now nearlly as boring as F1.

Lorenzo wouldnt go to Duke he's on a sure bet only Rossi has the skill and expertise to tame the raging Ducati....if  only it was still the 990 then we would see.

Reply to this Topic
slimshany

Jul 09

slimshany says:

gp reshuffle

this was all sorted last year when ducati,i mean rossi? sacked there team manager as rossi said he would never work under him..to me anyway none of this is new news!!

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Rosi all sorted

Spoke to a friend of mine today who works for Randy Krummenachers team and the Rossi deal was done a while ago. So Burgess and the boys get to play with a Ducati a last. Talk in the pits is it will be interesting to see the improvement in all the Ducatis when Rossi / Burgess get their hands on the bike !!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

similified and childish response

ROSSI DUCATI! ROSSI DUCATI!

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

stoner

good luck casey nice move

gonna make the rossi move even more interesting

this year will be  crap in Motogp bring 2011 with Spies on Rossi's Bike

and Britains number 1 cal crutchlow," The Dog " on tech 3

cant wait

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The first piece if the puzzle falls into place

The rest should follow fairly naturally. The only big question mark now surrounds the two Tech3 seats 2011. I'll save that speculation for another day but will say I'm expecting two new riders in that team.

Casey to Honda is the culmination of 18 months of work by Honda baiting the hook to catch the big Stoner fish. First poaching Yamaha's laptop mechanics and Livio Suppo and now displaying their utter determination to win titles again.

Team composition will be interesting; all three together ala Repsol in the mid nineties, or a 2 and 1 scenario - the one being?

SVNUT. That is some of the smelliest bullshit I've read on this site. You may not have any professional pride when changing from one employer to another but you can bet your bottom dollar these highly skilled, driven focused world championship winning riders and teams do. 100% commitment will be displayed at all times until contracts expire. It does not make a jot of difference when contracts or letters of intent are signed. Winners do not like losing. Full stop!

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

pretty easy really

basically livio went to honda to do the ground work for stoner coming because he,s got so much talent who could resist.pedrosa will have to stay because he,s spainish and the sponser repsol like him maybe the only one,s who do. casey no1 rider in the team.pedro 2nd due to the above dovi may still be out!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

wow...

Sorry my lack of professional pride was showing.

I love you too Nostro.

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

Old news

To be fair it was mentioned before the season even started so its no big deal really...hope he does well with em but he should be warned...its the bike that wins for Honda and not the rider...ask Rossi and Hayden....

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

i wish him well

i would really love to see him beat Pedrosa on the same bike next year. whatever happens he has his place in history with the first Ducati moto gp title.

as for Rossi - will be great to see him returning to a thoroughbred motorcycle after his success with Cagiva and Aprilia. Lorezno will take some beating next year but the Rossi, Ducati, Burgess, Preziosi  combination could be too much for the kid and the cash strapped Yamaha to handle...:wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices