Skip to content

Discuss This Covert camera bike in North Wales General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Covert camera bike in North Wales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Covert camera bike in North Wales

North Wales Police has added an unmarked Yamaha FJR1300 to its fleet of bikes used to target speeding motorcyclists. The 150mph Yamaha is equipped with hidden cameras. Offenders may not know they’ve been caught until they receive notification by post. Supt Simon Shaw said: ‘It’s unmarked but we’re trying to be open, we want to people to know we’ve got...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 July 2010 12:53)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PingCrosby

Jul 07

PingCrosby says:

It wasn't me officer...

HONEST.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

It was the unmarked cop bike that pushed me to do that speed your Honour !

Honest M`Lud .....

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

gotta love the taffys

what would happen if the bike / cars the coppers were following, were involved in sort of crime, be it drugs, cloned vehicle etc. the end result, a poxy speeding ticket. 

stick some Police labels on it or pull the offending vehicle over and do your job properly, instead of being paid to raid around the Welsh countryside. bunch of monkeys

Reply to this Topic
Namadra

Jun 10

Namadra says:

‘It’s unmarked but we’re trying to be open, we want to people to know we’ve got it"

Unmarked doesn't stop speeding. It just Pisses people off 6 weeks later when they get a fine and makes people hateful. I would like to thank the brainbox who thinks this is a good idea for PR - Bollocks to visiting that - we're off to France, Much less arrogant. Its just another reason to split any trust with the "Filth". At this rate, and I wouldn't be suprised if it was already the case, the only people who actually trust coppers now are the Under 5's,  70+ and local newspaper editors.

Yay, Police!

Reply to this Topic
PetarHonda

Dec 09

PetarHonda says:

Covert Camera in North Wales

Just done 1150 miles in Mid and North Wales and only saw 2 police cars. Did not see Yamaha XJR over the whole week, must have been lucky. What a great biking country!!!

Will be back!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
LaughMuBai

Sep 07

LaughMuBai says:

Random Goad

Good news regards the end to hundreds of random weekend stops though it was probably all propaganda anyway, or they had/have an absolute massive police force to achieve this.

Bad news about the 'Masked Rider' on their trusty steed. When is it unsafe to stop goading the rider they're following....say 61 in a 60? Or, will they keep pushing for over 100-150 like that video on youtube/MCN (not sure where I seen it) when they could have easily pulled the rider over as soon as they breached the speed limit, seeing they had the video evidence....entrapment?

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Had a full traffic X5 up my tail pipe yesterday trying really hard to push me on in a strict 50 limit.

I refused and sat at 50mph so he did an illegal overtake and was speeding too. He was`nt on a call and I caught up with him sat in traffic at the next island.

W***ers.

Reply to this Topic
pdoney

Jul 10

pdoney says:

The bike itself is Silver apparently. Mate of mine works for Ford selling vans / trucks, he was doing some business with the fleet guy at Deeside cop-shop and it was parked up there. Had a good look round it - no top box on it, just panniers (recording equipment in their).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices