Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi set to test James Toseland's R1 in Brno? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi set to test James Toseland's R1 in Brno?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi set to test James Toseland's R1 in Brno?

Speculation is increasing at the Czech Republic World Superbike round that reigning MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi will test James Toseland’s factory R1 machine on Monday. Rossi is desperate to return from injury at next weekend’s German MotoGP clash at the Sachsenring and will use the test at the Brno circuit to further gauge his fitness.The Fiat Yamaha rider tested an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 July 2010 17:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
juan el sombrero

Nov 07

The man could ride around and come in the points being last. Too early in my opinion, let the german round go and come back for Brno.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

NO BUSMANS HOLIDAY FOR ROSSI

The guy is mental to come back so soon as now seems very possible at Sachsenring. I suppose this is what makes these guys so successful notwithstanding their incredible natural talent is the almost manic desire to race and win regardless of the very real danger to themselves. Should he return at Sachenring I believe he will not be too far of the pace of the other Aliens. What a dude, Go Vale.Ciao

Reply to this Topic
sutty780

Oct 09

sutty780 says:

It's Ok getting back early but, what happens if he falls and hurts his leg again? He should let it heal properly before trying to race again.  Top guy for trying though.

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

Vale

I hope he gives it more time to heal, coming back too early doesn't pay...look what happened to Doohan when he came back too early, he had a career ending accident & I wouldn't like to see that happen to such a successful rider as Rossi. Can't fault his committment for trying to get back quickly though.

Reply to this Topic
incheerocket

Mar 07

incheerocket says:

Too early Vale

As much as I'd like to see the guy back, especially after way too many crap races this season, its gotta be too early, wouldn't like to see him on the floor again, leave it to Brno...please!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Rossi

Its only a broken leg nothing too serious , he should ride ; at 50% he'll get above 8th place and wont be much of a risk. Doohans legs were mangled and were nearly amputated so not really of comparison with Rossi's break

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

It seems early but then again, this is a man who knows his history....Sheene, Mamola, Rainey etc, and of course Mickey D all rode with serious injuries. I wd not put it past him to give it a go and show up the young uns.

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

suffering from restless race syndrome

I guess Rossi's having a hard time getting a good night's rest lately.. Seems like he just can't stand being sidelined while Lorenzo is running away with the title.. I wonder if it was anyone else kicking ass like this if he would've tried to return this quickly, maybe Stoner....

With Stoner now confirmed, will rossi leave?? Most likey.. Rossi has done so much for my beloved Yamaha's that it will be very sad to see him go to the Duc. However, Spies can't move up to a factory ride unless Rossi moves on, so I guess I have to take the good with the bad because I see Spies eventually fighting for the championship against the best of em. Lorenzo ain't going anywhere and he's finally matured and improved enough to not trash the bike every other race. So we have a good team for years to come at Yamaha.I'm just gonna miss the Doctor, but Its gonna be nice to watch him battle against Spies and Lorenzo, just bittersweet when he wins/loses against them.

Here's to the 'alien' population increasing to 6.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

not safe

Check the pictures from the Misano test - he had to be helped on and off the bike onto a pair of crutches. Surely there should be a safety rule that if a rider can't stand up and walk on his own then he's not allowed to race? If there's a  pile-up during the race and he falls, how is he going to get out of the way when someone else's bike comes tumbling towards him? I'd love to see Rossi come back so soon but I think it's a slightly daft idea when he can't even stand up.

Reply to this Topic
kobiof46

Jul 10

kobiof46 says:

rossi

I am very fond of Valentino. But I think it will be soon to come and compete. But I want to see him race in Germany that I came up with the whole family to see him

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices