Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi delays Germany return decision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi delays Germany return decision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi delays Germany return decision

Valentino Rossi has delayed his decision on whether he will make a shock comeback in the MotoGP world championship at this weekend’s Sachsenring race in Germany. Rossi is still unsure about whether to try and ride his factory Fiat Yamaha YZR-M1 machine after he tested an R1 World Superbike machine at the Brno circuit in the Czech Republic this afternoon. The Brno...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 July 2010 20:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

Don't do it Vale!

Everybody wants to see Rossi back (except those that hate him of course), but why the rush back? Rossi is a racer and wants to get back ASAP, but surely responsible people around him will prevent it or talk him out of it? Dorna on the other hand are desperate. Apparently viewing figures in Italy were 50% down and in Spain 30% down after the crash. Plus at Catalunya you could see the grandstands were only half full at best.

Heal Properly!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

not responsible

1050cc I think Rossi is mature enough and responsible enough to make his own decisions.

Reply to this Topic
kev2905

Jun 05

kev2905 says:

He hasn't delayed!

He never delayed the decision.

@OfficialMotoGP tweeted a quote from Vale last Wednesday "I really would like to ride at Sachsenring, but we must wait another week before making a decision"

Always intended to decide this Wednesday!

Rubbish Headline!

1050cc your completely right, lets hope he is looked after by his team and friends and comes to the right decision.

Reply to this Topic
warickunt

Apr 09

warickunt says:

Pantomime Dame

A comeback for Germany wouldn't be a shock as stated by MCN.

A real shock would be if Rossi ever did anything wothout turning it into a bastard pantomime. Any other rider just gets better and gets back on the bike at the next possible race meeting, this attention seeking twat has to have the most public of private tests, not once but twice. The only thing missing was Ucchio dressed as the panto dame, this was part of the plan until Rossi realised he'd only brought the short latex dress he uses when they go dogging rather than the traditional panto dress.

Let's hope he wins first time out after all this kerfuffle during the build up to his come back, matbe Ucchio should take a pack of panel pins to tap into Lorenzo's back tyre just in case.

Reply to this Topic
zzzzz77

Dec 05

zzzzz77 says:

Sure sound like a jilted lover.

Whattsamatta, kunt?  Still can't get over being spurned after offering to blow Rossi in the hospitality tent back in '03?  Poor sap.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Comeback (too) Soon?

Sure Dorna and the promoters want Vale back asap. But he will come back when he wants to and "thinks" he is ready. In my opinion he wants to come back NOW! Conspiracy theory ..... Vale loves stats...... loves winning and all that. Have a look at the points table. Even after missing a few races he is still 2 points ahead of his probable replacement at Yamaha and the new mesiah, Ben Spies. Take note also he is ONLY 6 points behind his rival and old "buddies" Casey Stoner. If he comes back now even if he Hailwoods the M1 he will be faster than most and keep in touch with a reasonable championship position.....he needs to at least beat those two! He will hate losing to Lorenzo but resigned to the fact he is all but checked out and he will never genuinely recognise Dani, Dovi, or Depuniet as serious adversaries next season. Beat Stoner and Spies at least..... head games begin now!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Rerun for Fun-from another thread

Been studying Rossi isn't worried too much about the leg for Germany. According to a source who gets sources for MCN Rossi has been studying Mike Hailwood racing GP's. Allegedly he will use the Hailwood technique to reduce stress on his injury as he won't have to hang off and move around the bike so much. I for one will be supporting this unfeasible early comeback to action. I don't believe he can be up to pace with his arch rivals but he could bag some decent points. Rossi could throttle off to 30 - 35 sec off his normal race time and be in the top ten! Anyone, well maybe not anyone, but most of you and I could swing our leg over Rossi's bike and as long as you finished........ hey presto....... next time you meet up with your mates you can brag how you have scored a point in Moto GP! What sort of a state is racing in? A grid of 16 bikes bristling with technology so even the punters can ride fast enough to get a knee down on their next trackday..... or ..... 25 to 30 vicious, bone crunching 2 strokes??? Don't let anyone tell you we can't go back..... we have ESPN Classic and a lot of Duke DVD's. Thinking about it that way I have some ammo to give to the Stoner haters. Sorry Nostro/Aquarius but the picture in my head is too funny not to share. Stoner complains and shakes his head and fist at a different victim every round. Last time out Capirossi got the treatment. I was just laughing at the thought of Stoner racing back when Loris did. He would be lucky to qualify in the top 20 and probably wouldn't be able to score many points because the tracks were so full of bikes he would be spending 1/3 of every lap shouting in his helmet, shaking his fists and kicking! The Clerk of the Course would probably have had him examined for symptoms of epilepsy! Go on Vale get out there.... you haven't been shouted at by Stoner this year, don't try to use your leg as an excuse though..... Hahaha

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Warickunt

Classic "A real shock would be if Rossi ever did anything wothout turning it into a bastard pantomime" hahaha brilliant

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

williewheelbreaker, LOL, totally right! I love the fact that Casey is calling for more bikes on the grid. We all know (even Casey fans) that this would lead to even more waving and tantrums about "slower riders!"...

Stoner is a valuable asset to MotoGP. Not only can he be awesomely fast, but he occupies the "Pantomime Villain" spot left by Max. Go Casey! Grow a handlebar moustache and twiddle it whilst winking at the camera before the race. We'd adore you for having a larf!

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

He'll Wait For Brno

And because I've said that, he'll try and do sachsenring lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle