Skip to content

Discuss This Vermeulen to miss remainder of season World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Vermeulen to miss remainder of season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Sharpe  says:

Vermeulen to miss remainder of season

Chris Vermeulen is set to miss the rest of the World Superbike season after aggravating his ongoing knee injury. After crashing at Brno this weekend, the Kawasaki rider further aggravated ligament damage he sustained at the opening round at Phillip Island. The Aussie has decided to have ligament replacement surgery that he had previously postponed until his racing days were over. A replacement...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 July 2010 13:38)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

James

Beat you 5 hours ago matey !

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

sorry but sack him he done nothing anyway ....should be beating sykes on the odd occasion he rode fit lol ...ex moto gp rider struggled to beat average superbike riders hey the zx isnt that crap ,done good bsb last yr and this tt ????

Reply to this Topic
jamesg75

Dec 05

jamesg75 says:

Sorry I disagree the ZX10 is crap(in race form) the BSB is a home brewed affair and does well because the Kawasaki have nothing to do with it and they are constantly chasing chassis problems, the TT is a different matter all together compared to circuit racing. Nothing wrong with the engine but the Kawasaki is the only bike to persist with the monocoque design. Vermulen is a good rider he just need's a good bike. Kawaski riders tend to suffer a lot of injuries because they have to over ride the bike or come 15th. Now a bloke that needs sacking is Ruben on the BMW give that to chris and it would be a different story. Lets hope this new ZX10 is a step in the right direction.

Reply to this Topic
TheRash

May 08

TheRash says:

english obsession ?

I am just curious - are the english obsessed with sacking/firing/removing people from their job ? Prior to the World Cup, they fired their team captain for banging some chick - which must have been really good for the morale of the team. After playing rubbish at the world cup, some people were calling for the manager to be fired. They are constantly firing the managers in the english football leagues and right here people are calling for a guy to be sacked after busting his kneeballs over-riding a obsolete motorcycle. Can anyone explain to me what seems to be a common english mindset??

Reply to this Topic
warickunt

Apr 09

warickunt says:

Don't Blink

Chris Vermuelen to miss the rest of the season???????

I didn't realise he'd turned up for the start of the season, just thought all the hot air he was spouting about coming back to challenge and put Kawasaki where they deserved to be was about 2011, cos he aint done nowt this year.

And yes I know he's injured but if you read some of the other stories on here, apparently Rossi's making an early comeback with only one leg AND he's going to win first time back, however there is a risk, another heavy fall could see him riding the last GP's of the season as just a torso.

Rossi last heard saying"Pah!!!! it's only a flesh wound, UCCHIOOOOO get make up for me luvvie"

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Sorry but....

Like Waricknut said I didn't realise he had turned up for the start of the season.

Which is a real shame cause the guy has talent. He finished 2nd in the Championship in 2006 (wasn't it?) before going off to motogp, where he won a race (albeit a wet race but that still counts!)

I hope for his sake he gets a better ride next year, as in anything but a Kawasaki as it would be a real shame to see someone with the ability to win and potential to be a champion riding round at the back of the grid. Again.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Vermeulen

What a shame things have just not gone well for him.He definitely has the talent but not much luck.
On a positive note the Kawasaki could be a lot better next season so they say!

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Pity

Shame really , considering his undoubted talent, just shows how  injury and wrong bike at wrong time can ruin a riders career

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Whoa!

Grayzx7r reappears??? Hello, long time no see? Anyway my feelings are having had a knee injury albeit on the snow..... those who know whatever your sport...... knee ligament damage is at least 10 times worse for pain, recovery, long term complications than Rossi's break. Even a femur is a piece of cake compared to serious ligament damage. Yes I have broken bones too so can make a reasonable comparison. As long as you can maintain some blood flow with some pins and rods your good to go. Unless they are splintered to bits. Before his crash at Philip Island I was pleasantly surprised at Vermeulen's performance. I am not a fan, and apart from his runner up WSB performance in not too fearsome company to me he is a class rider, just average C student in world class. He was never gonna make a GP rider, just another proddie bike hopeful, when it was dry and sunny and you had to put the chassis and tyres under maximum load Chris was always back of the grid. Should of been back in WSB 3 yrs ago but I suppose he was cheap for Suzuki to run and did the odd flash in the pan to help his poor negotiating position. Non the less looking at the season on paper those who proclaim he is useless would have some foundation to their position. As much as I would like to say the same and wouldn't really notice if he disappeared to the Outback, he dealt himself a bad blow by binning it at Philip Island, to me it appeared he was trying too hard and paid the price. Coming from Moto GP even on a Kwaka I am sure he was a bit stressed at not being a star of the show. That considered his knee has been shit ever since and the doubters really should allow him some empathy. Next year open mind, give him a chance, but I think he will be running a swimming pool business or chasing Roo's in 2012.

Reply to this Topic
warickunt

Apr 09

warickunt says:

buelligan

Be careful buelligan, you say you've heard that Kawasaki's new ZX10 will be a lot better for next year.

Making statements like that in public could get you a WSB ride on that bike for 2011, the only people who normally talk like that are riders who have had their hands forced into riding one shortly before they slope off home.

Personally I feel sorry for Tom Sykes, looking at what's happening at the moment with the Yamaha's of Cal and James you can't help thinking he was showing the bikes true potential last year and deserved another season this year to try to improve but was caught out by the Spies effect (Capable of consistently over riding anything once comfortable)

He's most probably better than the Kawasaki he currently has but will he get another chance at a really good top class machine with the time to show his own potential

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices