Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Kawasaki Ninja 400R in action New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Kawasaki Ninja 400R in action

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Sharpe  says:

Video: Kawasaki Ninja 400R in action

This video has surfaced of the 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 400R on Italian website Motoblog.it. Buy a used Kawasaki The bike, which features a 399cc DOHC parallel twin capable of delivering 44bhp, is set to go on sale in Japan and Canada, and there are calls for the bike to come to the UK to fill a void in the market. What do you...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 July 2010 14:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

BANG ON

This is the type of machinery that will get new riders involved, nice easy linear power delivery from a twin, good around town and for twisty roads, i suspect they have worked on the ergos to compliment the latter. being a twin - nice and easy to maintain and should drive down service costs. its a really god halfway house capacity from 125 learner legals to the 600 class that could give a rider some real confidence on a bike. I bet this will be a success, if they dont sell them here then BRING ON THE IMPORT BUZZ AGAIN!!! this is innovation, hopefully it will cater for the shorter rider too and allow more people to even get out there on the track.

Well done kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

its a decent bike, hopefully it has a bigger body than thwe 250r( which it should as it is a 400 !! ) a 6ft rider looks stupid on a 250r !! oh and why is the rider hanging off the bike like a twat, he's only doin about 20mph on a corner you could take at 60mph ... showing off me thinks!!!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Hang on.......

About 10-20 years ago you could buy all flavour of sports 400cc bikes with eack kicking out around 55-65bhp. An inline twin 400 kicking out 44bhp (almost certainly at the crank so rear wheel figures will be closer to 36bhp) doesn't really seem like there's been develpment. Not sure who would buy this bike in the UK.

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

bullshit

this (and the 250) ARE NOT NINJAS. NO WAY.   good grief. puny power, no style and no spunk. bugger off big k and take these gutless, pointless pieces of crap with you

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

much better to get a nice low mileage nc30 or cbr400  for £2000 ish. zxr 400, fzr400, gsxr 400. cbr 250. nc35- all these will be better than the new kawasakis

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Mini Ninja

Hmmm 400cc and only 44bhp. .......Yep, it looks bollocks. You would have to be a fool to buy one of these new when there's bikes like the VFR400 or NC35 about like Darren636 said. Those 400's have some kudos. I did once own a GPZ400 which was nice in a mini me GPZ750turbo kind of way but once I bought the 750, I was much happier. Even stepping up to a used SV650 of Bandit 650 makes more sense than buying a new 400cc Ninja these days surely? That said, if cash was no object get the Triumph Daytona 675 or Street Triple and fly the flag ;)

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

tong in the looth

Most of the 4 cylinder 400's are approaching 20 years old. But Man, they where good, i used to race zxr400's, happy times. How about a 500cc 4 cylinder with 100hp and 140kg's weight. I'm sure there might be a couple of people interested, with close to 25 years od development since the original 400's where designed this should be posible.

Reply to this Topic
huntersthompso

Feb 10

nice step up

i don't think its meant to be a pocket rocket, i think its meant to fit into Japan laws (which only allow eg any one with a full uk licence to ride a 44hp bike over there)also i think its a twin, i think it would make a really nice step up from 125 to big bikes, if they keep the weight down many riders in the uk would be much better off with 44hp that 144hp as there first big bike so i hope they bring it here, also looking at the reviews the er6 gets you can Imagen this will do 70mpg and be in the lower tax bracket so great for couriers and commuters too. a hell of a lot better than nothing which is what we have now in the 400cc bracket :-)

Reply to this Topic
motoGPIZZIL

May 09

motoGPIZZIL says:

is this the best quality vid they could produce!!! its shite cant hardley see owt an it looks like he goes round the corner an then back round the other way. other than that i think the 400 is a good idear

Reply to this Topic
stevekwak

Feb 10

stevekwak says:

RUBBISH

Sounded like a shitty hairdryer!!

Would much prefer the old ZX-4R that actually hit over a ton 30

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale