Skip to content

Discuss This Biker café threatens to ban bikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Biker café threatens to ban bikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Biker café threatens to ban bikes

The owner of a café which used to be a popular biker meeting place has threatened to ban motorcyclists. John Simpson, owner of Lord Stones Café in the Cleveland Hills, North Yorkshire, has already changed his opening hours to halt a Tuesday night bike meet which attracted over 1000 riders. Now he has warned he may not serve us at any...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 July 2010 16:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SJBland

Jul 10

SJBland says:

Shame....

Never been there but seems a shame that if the Cafe is so busy that it can't take the oportunity to expand.  But on the flip side, it's also a shame if the community surrounding the place is finding the behaviour of the bikers unpleasant.

Reply to this Topic
Captain Hook

Jun 07

Captain Hook says:

Details... you know, the meat and potatoes of reporters work

So after actually speaking to the owner of the cafe and presumably being able to track down quite easily the people who setup the facebook group who presumably know a more of the story from the bikers side, the sum of this story is.

• Cafe owner had row with biker over a meal
  • Cafe owner is closing earlier on Tuesday night to prevent a normal biker meet.

But we have no idea about

• What the row was about - price, payment, service time?
  • Why the owner is so upset about the bikers over a single arguement, or whether this is an on going issue and the meal row was the straw that broke the camels back?
  • How long has the meet been going on?
  • How long has the cafe been owned by the John Simpson, or is he a new owner who just doesn't like bikers to start with?
  • what sort of man turns down 1000s of customers a week in this economy?

Isn't reporting suppose to cover the 5 W's - Who, What, Where, When & Why?

That article contains so little detail I'm not sure you've managed to cover any of them.

Reply to this Topic
Dan09

Jul 09

Dan09 says:

Hey Hookie...

You're right, of course, but unless this is the very first story you've ever read on this website, you'll no doubt appreciate that it's all about the last line. See? Welcome to MCN.com, now buy please our paper. Someone? Anyone?

Reply to this Topic
Dan09

Jul 09

Dan09 says:

or 'please buy'...

...if you want to be pedantic.

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Bikers brought in money

...I can understand the owner getting stressed with all that serving T&C to the bikers, but why does he not just employ another person or two to help out at peak times? I know a lot of cafe's that would be only too happy to have a queue of punters lining up to spend there money!

Reply to this Topic
winterfreak

Jul 10

winterfreak says:

Customers in a down economy!

Wow!  Sending customers away in a down economy is crazy.  If I had 1000 potential customers sitting outside my door, you better beleive I would make changes to staff so everyone would be happy.  If someone didnt like my food then I'd remake him something different. 

Even if 80 of those 1000 customers bought something, atleast I know the 80 that bought will tell the other 920 that their food was good and customer service great.

Wonder if he is looking to sell the business?  To have that many people show up for one night I bet I could even offer Bike night specials and cater to the clients already willing to show up at the door.

Ed

Grand Junction, CO   USA

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

hmm

not to mention the alternate side of the comments, i'll cover that

people are not allowed to ban roudy and agressive customers from their business now? can't possibly be an agressive group of people that were turning up, twisted by friendly bikers into a "i hate bikers" issue and not a "this group of people are taking the piss and havn't responded well to being asked to leave"

Reply to this Topic
guyincognito

Oct 08

guyincognito says:

cafe ban

This place is in my neck of the woods and only been the once! Far better biker cafes around like whistle stop cafe whitby,oasis cafe s,bro, seaways cafe fridaythropes, All very biker friendly and welcoming..  his loss i suppose!!...

Reply to this Topic
Gixxer1000L0

Apr 10

Gixxer1000L0 says:

in the current economic climate I think this cafe owner needs his head looking at

Reply to this Topic
jabman

Jun 10

jabman says:

where is the group?

where is this facebook group? I can't even find it

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN