Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati 848 replaced with 140bhp EVO New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati 848 replaced with 140bhp EVO

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Ducati 848 replaced with 140bhp EVO

Ducati has replaced its 848 middleweight with the new 848 EVO – at 140bhp the most powerful supersport bike it has ever produced. The power hike comes from an overhauled engine and it's contained by better brakes and a steering damper for the first time. Other updates include new cylinder heads with revised port shapes, new cams with revised timing,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (20 July 2010 09:38)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JamesQGM

Feb 10

JamesQGM says:

@alane.

Supersport not superbike.

Reply to this Topic
1000TT

Mar 08

1000TT says:

Yum

Stunning, absolutley stunning machine, has to be in stealth colours. 140bhp from a twin supersport that looks this drooling good. Getting near superbike horsepower! I've set the picture as wallpaper to remnind me to be a good boy and see if santa the Cnut will leave one for me at Christmas. Just started saving.......

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

alane

We class the 848 as a supersport bike - to go against other supersport bikes like the CBR600RR etc. In terms of superbikes (ie 1000cc or 1200cc machines) this is obviously not the most powerful Ducati has produced as it has the 1198.

Hope this helps

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
chmer20

Oct 09

chmer20 says:

comparison test

would love to see a comparison test with the other oddball middleweights (Daytona 675 and GSX-R 750). It looks like Ducati got rid of the gorgeous pearl white. I'd still take the new one though.

Reply to this Topic
teharada

Jul 10

teharada says:

it might be the strongest ducati!

As it delivers some 165HP/LT! That is almost 200 HP from 1198! The question is for how long?

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

duke engines

the guys in Bologna really deserve credit, for a small bike company to still be able to produce world beating engines like this is a massive achievment.  

This should be a fantastic road bike, the old 848 is already one of the best handling bikes out there and now it should have the power to keep up with the screaming IL4s down the straight bits too 

Reply to this Topic
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

Mama Mia

Belissima, ti amo, ho bisogno di te !

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

should be more than enough for the roads. you'll be able to keep up with the litre big boys due to the handling but the asking price may put a few people off.

price it the same as an r1 and i'd buy it over any jap bike.

i have never had a ducati as an owner.ridden them on test days and handed them back,only thing id want is for it to go and work each time like other jap bikes do.

then it maybe the new bike id be looking to buy.

Reply to this Topic
shanes

Jul 10

shanes says:

Hmmmmm lovely bike would be a nice one to add to the garage

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle