Skip to content

Discuss This Send us your Ride to Work Day pics! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Send us your Ride to Work Day pics!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Send us your Ride to Work Day pics!

It’s Ride to Work day tomorrow! Planning to ride your bike to work when it would usually be slumbering in the garage waiting for the weekend? MCN wants to celebrate Ride to Work Day (this Wednesday) by printing your pictorial evidence. Has your Fireblade never graced the work car park before? Are your colleagues awed by your leather-clad alter-ego? Did you...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (20 July 2010 14:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

What?

People really need a special day for this?

Reply to this Topic
aphmitchell

Jan 08

aphmitchell says:

Its for the 'spethial' people!

Reply to this Topic
jonnyboy23

Apr 10

jonnyboy23 says:

What b*****ks, I ride to work everyday like millions of others

Reply to this Topic
ShadowTD

Jul 10

ShadowTD says:

Strange concept...

In the last six weeks since I passed, *not* riding to work has been the exception. I won't be able to ride in tomorrow as my front forks are weeping and in for repair :(

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

surely its the quickest way in order to get to work? I would hate to be sat in traffic commuting into the city. I think if its ok weather most people do. We're not all the 'own a ducati for perfect weather sunday covering 250 miles a year tops) Some of actually ride our bikes. I ride mine almost every single day, even in the rain sometimes!!

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

no

what is this bollocks- ride or dont' ... why should anyone care.??? big deal

Reply to this Topic
android32

Jul 10

android32 says:

A view of the road ahead

If you do bike to work on a regular basis or are thinking of trying it, have a look at our trailer as we put the new Diversion through its paces. Loads of filtering, positioning, planning and reading the road advice and tips, enough to keep you going for a while. Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLTlouqFULw or the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/commutersurvival

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

would but...

Would love to but it takes me longer to get the bike out and gear on than it does to walk...

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak

Nov 07

Commuting's for me

I like riding to work - whatever the weather - except snow/ice.

I like the sense of adventure - even if I've ridden the same route a thousand times before.

Cars that overtake me on open roads I can filter past in town & get to work in half the time it takes them at twice the mpg.

I have an old CX500 which I service myself & does me proud.

If I want to pose or go quicker - I get out my ZX7R - best of both worlds !

Reply to this Topic
coliwobble

Jan 05

coliwobble says:

Ride 2 Work

Just bought a pushbike through the cycle 2 work scheme and got 50% off the retail price. The discount is provided by the government on the basis that I'll use the bike instead of my car, thus helping reduce conjestion and CO2 emissions. If that's the case, why can't we get a discount on motorcycles on the same basis? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices