Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Harley-Davidson 48 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Harley-Davidson 48

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Harley-Davidson 48

The new Harley-Davidson 48 is supposed to help the American firm attract a new younger fashion-conscious audience. Find a Harley-Davidson for sale The 48 is basically a stripped-back Sportster 1200, with a wide 150-section front tyre. The speedo is mounted flat on the top yoke and the mirrors are mounted under the handlebars to give the 48 a flat-topped look.   Watch the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 July 2010 10:50)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
999DukeR

Jul 09

999DukeR says:

Harley V Buell

Got to agree with you guys. Bad move from harley dropping Buell. I'm with HOSBUSA. I bought a Buell X1 White Lightening (Tuber)in 2002 new, and it's a keeper. Iv'e had loads of other, mainly Japanese bikes in my 35 years biking including GSXR'S ,but none of them have soul (Or Torque !). I know that it won't do 180, but the way it gets to 100 is what really matters. Especially on the road. If harley want to gain sales,then they need to offer an alternative to their range of cruiser style bikes. This HD 48 is no different in principle from any previous incarnations of the sportster. Someone at Harley needs to take their blinkers off and offer a difference. Surely that is what Buell was !!

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

48 outta 100

I test rode a 48 and a nightster, was mint when I took it out, painted had cracked by the time I got it back to the dealers, poor poor build quality. i think Harley spend more cash on R&D for clothing than on new bikes. There is something that attracts me to them but I cant part with 8K for tat. Oh and I got left for dead by a suzuki Burgman scooter at the lights.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle