You are in... Forums > General > General > Mod 2 Booked

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

afccarrick

Jul 10

afccarrick says:

Mod 2 Booked

Hi guys, I have my mod 2 booked for August 6th. I was hoping you could give me some advice on doing this part of my test as you were all a great help with my Mod 1.

Thanks in advance for any and all tips.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 July 2010 17:18)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smileychief

Aug 02

smileychief says:

I cant

be much help as I did my test a while back.

Out of interest how much is the course and test costing you?

I read that the bike test is now around the £200 mark.

Reply to this Topic
afccarrick

Jul 10

afccarrick says:

I have not done any lessons. I am training with my dad. Passed my Mod 1 on Thursday. I have my road sense from driving for a living for 7 years. I am just doing the observations and so on myself.

In total the tests have cost me - £31 for the Theory, £31 for the Mod 1 and £58 for the Mod 2.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

best of luck with mod2

listen to your examiner, relax, and you'll be fine.

Make sure you get those lifesavers in.

Not entirely sure how mod2 works (I did mine pre-Mod 1 & 2).

Make sure you're familiar with the roads on the test routes (test routes used to be freely available on the DSA website), that way you don't get any surprises.

Don't panic if you make a minor mistake (eg going left instead of right) - its better to do the wrong thing correctly, than do the correct thing wrongly if you see what I mean.

Hope that helps.

Reply to this Topic
afccarrick

Jul 10

afccarrick says:

Adier

It does mate, thanks.

Reply to this Topic
afccarrick

Jul 10

afccarrick says:

Only one issue. There was no spaces available in my local centre. So I am now going to do my test 30 miles away somewhere I am not too sure of. Guess I am going to have to make a few trips up there.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

yep

I would definately have a run to your test centre / area if its not familiar - over this way we get test candidates from other areas (shorter waiting times, and less traffic), and many fail because of one particular roundabout which has a strange lane layout...

so yeah, i'd have a run up (whether you go with an instructor, or yourself with a 125 or a car makes little difference) just to get an idea of road / lane layouts, and type / volume of traffic.

Reply to this Topic
afccarrick

Jul 10

afccarrick says:

I'll do that. I do consider myself competent enough to pass on any road. However it will certainly be worth looking for any sneaky areas.

Reply to this Topic
JWRPayne

Feb 08

JWRPayne says:

Mod 2...

Passed mine at the end of April - don't worry, I know the feeling.

Trick is to stay chilled, and ride to the best of your ability. Ride positively i.e. make progress, don't hesitate etc and try to show off all your skills when you can. Block out any habits and assumptions.

Apart from that, like the guys here have said, get to know the area and any popular spots for trying to catch you out, like STOP sign junctions, one way roads and complex roundabouts.

To be honest, just remember everything you've been taught and ride to the best of your ability. Observe, observe, observe but don't over-do the lifesavers. Show road awareness and an ability to deal with different/changing situations and developments on the road and you'll do fine!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices