Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo takes giant leap towards maiden title MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo takes giant leap towards maiden title

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo takes giant leap towards maiden title

Jorge Lorenzo took a giant stride towards his first MotoGP world title in Laguna Seca after closest rival Dani Pedrosa crashed out of the lead in a sun-soaked American Grand Prix. The Fiat Yamaha rider was able to cruise to his sixth win in nine races after Pedrosa’s hopes of registering back-to-back victories for the first time in his career ended...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 July 2010 06:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

that race goes to show pedrosa mentally cant cut it with the best, when the chips are down and the pressure is on he crashes or runs wide and makes mistakes, then blames it on his tyres, he's top class when he can make a break away from the pack but when someone is pressurising him he bottles it !! fair play to rossi getting another podium, laguna is a very physical circuit so fair play !!

Reply to this Topic
galaway

Dec 08

galaway says:

racing

stoner spit the dummy out when jorge cracked the pole  he never thought jorge could match it .

sorry stoner keep blaming the bike  ,jorges just to good for you this year  and proving it every week.

danny was on the limit  and it  proved it you carnt say the honda isnt fast.

sorry jorge is to good for you all .

now how about the doctor?  one leg or two  he pleases the crowds and sells tickets .

long live the king.

see farrari are upt to the old ways cheating again .least our guys dont cheat

fomula  1 you just lost a couple o fans   bye

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Pedrosa

Dani has shades of Luca Cadalora and Max biaggi in him , both those guy's were the fastest guy on their day on the 500's / Moto GP bikes but only when everything was perfect, anything other than perfect set up they  were not in the race.

That is why Max only won a couple or so 500/MOTOGP races a year and Luca Cadalora a similar amount. 

Next seaon should be a cracker , Jorge hading the Yamaha team , Casey the onda one and Valentino the Ducati one ( if confirmed ).

All i'd love now is for Suzuki to get their bike sorted, get another young un on it to go with Bautista and it could be a great , even vintage year. 

Reply to this Topic
andybiker

May 07

andybiker says:

Quids in

According to online magazine GP Week attendance was a little over 51,500 BUT some 20,000 didn't buy their tickets until AFTER Rossi confirmed he would race. WOW! Say they were the equivalent of £20 a ticket. That's £400,000 the track would have lost without him.

Reply to this Topic
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

stoner27

Yeah Whoopy Do indeed, Rossi ONLY finished 3rd at one of the most physical circuits on the calendar 7 weeks after a compound fracture of his lower leg. Ever had one ? I have they ain't nice and I sure as hell wasn't looking at getting back on a bike 7 weeks later let alone taking part in a MotoGP race.

There's no disputing Casey's talent and contrary to all the haters I think he's a good kid, but he's got a long way to go to measure up to Valentino, please take the blinkers off and give Rossi the respect he deserves.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Mental toughness

The four aliens showed their class this weekend and as normal the two that have mental strength to go with their blinding pace shone as the stars of the show.Lorenzo has matured way beyond his age already which is why he's running away with it, mentally stronger than Stoner and Pedrosa and is no longer cracking and making mistakes under the pressure that comes with being able to dominate a championship.

Rossi looked to have faded and about to fall into the clutches of Spies and Hayden midrace but dug deep to pull clear ,catch then pass Dovi for his podium, Mental strength and toughness of an absolute legend.

The race itself wasnt a classic but given whats going on with the game of musical chairs this season and the comeback from injury it was far from boring.

I get slated on here over my opinions of Stoner and Pedrosa, but they seem to need to mature if their ever going to consistently challenge for the title and make a genuine race of it. They'l probably win a couple of races apeice at the back end of the season when Lorenzo has backed off and ride for championship points but will need to toughen up mentally if they want to win when it truely matters

Reply to this Topic
velopete

Apr 05

velopete says:

Galaway

Christ Galaway, my 10 year old has better spelling than you, when you leave primary school we might be interested in your opinions, until then why would you imagine we want to hear your misinformed drivel. The only thing you got right is that Lorenzo is the class act this year.

Reply to this Topic
johnjames906

Jul 10

johnjames906 says:

lorenzo

im not going to try and put the guy down, he is a very talented guy and is going to be a world champion a number of times in his carer. The only doubt i have about him is what would he do on another bike, dont forget how average the m1 was before rossi / burgees got there hands on it. In my opion in 2 years time if rossi dose go to the red team next year it will be a lorenzo develpot m1 as im sure rossi has had input into next years bike already. I also think pedrosa will still win a few more races this year as will stoner and maybe even the doctor too (My money is on missano). All said and done good luck to the guy! while lady luck is on your side you have to make the most of it.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

johnjames

I think the most impressive thing about lorenzo over the last few years has been his ability to learn so quickly. Granted he's thrown himself down the road and made errors under pressure, but importantly he has never let it effect his belief in his own talent and has come back stronger and wiser everytime.

This year the younger pretender has looked the complete package and has an air of calmness about him that all champions do. Rossi is the GOAT at this moment in time but i think even he wouldhave had his hands full this year, it might explain the wall down the middle of the garage and not wanting to share his info and setttings with  Lorenzo. With this is mind , maybe jorge might know a thing or two about setting up a bike? just a thought anyway.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

kwacknuts

that race goes to show pedrosa mentally cant cut it with the best, when the chips are down and the pressure is on he crashes or runs wide and makes mistakes, then blames it on his tyres

This completely was not the case in the race.  Over the years, I've seen Mazda Raceway deteriorate from all the cars making more and bigger braking bumps.  For a bike, what would normally be a perfect corner entry speed on a somewhat smooth track, isn't ideal at Mazda.  Even 10 mph slower might not matter when these massive braking bumps are hit.  When you combine the G's encountered at Mazda with these bumps, your suspension can sack out, and with no more travel left, your tire just pushes.  This is what happened to Dani.  Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to see these as there's not enough contrast in the intense California sun.  The surface just gets worse year after year and Mazda raceway truly does not rake in enough money to rip it up and repave.  The smog and noise Nazis in California are making it difficult enough for the track to even stay open.  It's a year-long fight.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices