Skip to content

Products How best to scrub in new tyres Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > How best to scrub in new tyres

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

How best to scrub in new tyres

Q. I'd just got a set of new tyres fitted and was taking things as easy as I could when the rear just slipped away so fast and without warning, I wanted to talk to someone at the importer to better understand what I had done wrong or if this was I common thing with new tyres. I was told by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 July 2010 14:59)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TwoBrosBlade

Aug 02

TwoBrosBlade says:

Tyre warmers

Tip given by a club racer instructing at a track day. Put tyre warmers on new tyres for a good hour before going out. Dunno if it burns off the release agent or heats it up so that it gets left on the road quicker. But it works for me. Been using this method on the road for the last 3 years.

Reply to this Topic
NieljohnUK

Oct 10

NieljohnUK says:

I use a rubber safe solvent and wipe the working surface (tread area) with it until no more comes off on the white cloth's (it shows up by darkening the cloth more than the solvent) I use it with. Then ride gently for a few miles until the surface is showing micro roughness accross all the useable tread (I expect to leave 10mm unworn on the outer edges).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices