Skip to content

Where to Ride DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Saturday 14th August Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Saturday 14th August

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Saturday 14th August

Here we go again...

This one's a little bit later because I'm too busy earlier in the month.  :tongue:

Arrive in the same old car park (see link below) with your tank full of fuel 10am onwards, with an estimated departure time of 10:30am, for a day's adventure down some fast and twisty roads.  :winkie:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=51.867461,-0.536825&daddr=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=19&sll=51.867452,-0.536951&sspn=0.001183,0.00235&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=19

Cornerman system will be used, as always.  Below is a simple explanation for all those unsure what this means.

1. Lead rider (me) heads the group. Do not pass unless you decide you're leaving the ride.

2. Tail gunner (any volunteers?) is always at the back. Always stay in front of this rider.

3. If you are immediately behind the lead rider, and we cross a junction, stop to mark the corner if indicated to, or if you think it would be helpful to do so (it's never wrong to mark junction). Wait until the tail gunner arrives, and ride off ahead of them. DO NOT move until they reach you, no matter how long you are waiting!

4. If the lead rider stops to mark a corner (probably because he has no one behind him at the time) and you are the first rider to catch up, stop to take his place until the tail gunner arrives for you.

5. If there are no corner markers at a junction, assume to follow the road.  Sometimes markers aren't needed if it is obvious.

6. MOST IMPORTANT: Ride at your own pace within the front and rear riders.  The marker system will ensure you know where to go, without having to race to keep up, so you can stay safe.

See you there!  :sunglasses:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 July 2010 15:28)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JamesMK

Jul 10

JamesMK says:

rideout 14/08

How far you going mate, i have to be back in MK for 130pm that day but would like to pop down even if just 4 some of it, let me know if thats cool.

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

How Far?

Well, lunch destination is going to be in the vicinity of Stratford upon Avon.  So, if you only want to ride part of the way with us before peeling off, that's ok.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
JamesMK

Jul 10

JamesMK says:

Thanks..

Sounds great, will see you then and peel off about 1230.

Stupid question but it is my 1st time, are we looking at wearing full 'kit' or jeans, boots, jacket!!:smile

Thanks

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Clothing

Wear what ever you want, but most people wear their motorcycle leather or textile suits.  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
JesteR6

Jan 08

JesteR6 says:

14th August

Lookin forward to this one, Craig.

Just hope we manage to get to Stratford this time........ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Keeping fingers crossed the weather holds out.
Stu.

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Directions

Don't worry, Stew, I've I done a test ride of the route, so we should get there this time.  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

damn

Thats another I am gonna miss.

Taking my youngest to see the Red Bull X Fighters that day.  Have a great ride.  Hopefully will make the next one.

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Spire

Enjoy the planes...hope to see you in September.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
Ride4Fun

Apr 05

Ride4Fun says:

Rain

Well, tomorrow's forecast is looking a bit wet, so better wear your waterproofs.  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

planes?

Are you thinking of the red bull air race? :unsure:

x fighters is the freestyle motocross. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale