You are in... Forums > General > General > Best ride for pillion

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Best ride for pillion

I took a pillion to Brighton on Sunday. I've had people on the back before but this was the first time I've done a proper distance, and the first time I've been up to speed. The FZ6 handled it fine (adjusted the pre-load and tyres) but it was a bit rough for 'im on the back.

When MCN review bikes they never seem to have any comments from a pillion, but it would be handy to know. I mean, it's a given with something like the BMW LT or Pan European that it's gonna be good for someone on the back. But what would be best out of the Hyabusa, FVR1200, ZZR1400 and K1300? Or how about the Bandit 1250, Yamaha FZ1 Fazer or CB1000? How do they handle with twice the weight?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 July 2010 13:19)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zak03

Sep 09

zak03 says:

weight

i took a mate down to Thunderace bikes in Newport south wales last week for him to collect yam mt01. well i think thats what it was, he weighs 14 stone no problems at all ,mind you m.p.g not so good first time ive had a large person on back ,he enjoyed the trip as well all depends on ya bike and pulling power :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Payload of the FZ6 is fine

up to 80kg then from 80-160kg you need to dial in some preload (easy enough, though I had to take a bit of detachable trim off) and up the tyre pressure.

I actually quite liked the handling, but it was just a bit tiring sitting on the back - bum goes numb after a while and it's a bit cramped, so I'm told.

It's just that there are a helluva lot of bikers who use their machines to take partners and friends away on long trips. I think it would make a really good MCN feature to compare the pillion experiences of people on, say, a 1050ST, a GS1200, a VFR1200 and a Hyabusa.

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

WELL

i never go on the back of a bike unless in emergencies.. but if i have had any one on the back of my hayabusa, i have not even known they are there, and they were big people too.. as for comfort, they said it was no problem at all... but i think as a pillion your going to get numb bum before a rider as you don`t move around as much.

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Thanks for that

Good to know - but this would be useful info for any kind of bike that people may want to tour on. Come on MCN - how about a feature on pillion riders? Line up some of the best big bikes out there, take 'em down to Brighton and back and do a bit of partner swapping along the way, fnaar fnaar!

Reply to this Topic
billiwizz

Jul 10

billiwizz says:

Pillion issues

I agree,size Zero and you dont know they're there !!

Helmet buffet is still a problem with pillion though (not to be confused with helmet clash, which is also a problem )

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

thou or zzr1100

fazer 1000 is pritty good at it but tell you a bike thats realy good at it is the zzr1100 just cause its big and seat is comfy as hell not sure about the 1400 though 

Reply to this Topic
BikerBladerAsh

Nov 07

also zx9r

i know not a current bike, but very good for 2 up i'm told, im looking to swap my zx6 for one and i take pillion on that so sure bigger motor will be even better.

You could get a really really nice later model eg. 2003 for under 3k, capable of 170+ and ideal for pillion.

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

My v-strom

has seat you could land a fookin helecopter on!:lol:

Very comfy (apparantly)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale