Skip to content

Discuss This What happens when you crash a Ducati Multistrada First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > What happens when you crash a Ducati Multistrada

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What happens when you crash a Ducati Multistrada

This is the result of a crash on our long-term test Ducati Multistrada 1200 by MCN’s John Westlake. The bike, being run on the fleet by MCN editor Marc Potter, is likely to be written-off following the incident. The insurance company’s report hasn’t been received yet.We’re gutted the bike isn’t part of the fleet at the moment but fingers crossed we can arrange...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 July 2010 14:51)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

What a waste...

Riding like a knob and lost the front.  Its not a superbike you know!  Bet the bloke coming the other way got a suprise when 15k of Italian bike bounced towards him.

Anyone else sick of the hero worship lauded by the press on the Multistrada?  I cant open a bike mag these days without pages of drivel about how great it is.  Time for a media ban!

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

oops ...

"i had it in the wrong engine map" may become a new explanation on insurance claims ....  ;)

Reply to this Topic
arnunn

Jul 06

arnunn says:

And..

what about the rider? getting hold of another bike will be easy compared to replacing staff!

Did the luggage help keep the bike off the riders leg when it went down? How did the riding gear do? Possibly of some interest (certainly heard enough about the Ducati to last a life time!)

Reply to this Topic
theMaskedAvenger

Jun 10

"Anyone else sick of the hero worship lauded by the press on the Multistrada?" Yes. Me.

Reply to this Topic
nsm3

Feb 06

nsm3 says:

Front Mudguard

Anyone tell if his front mudguard survived?

I have snapped mine in half and trying to get parts out of Ducati is like waiting for a new Pope to be elected !!!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Grace under fire

I thought the cameraman did pretty well to get those shots. Can't have missed him by much!

Reply to this Topic
downshift

Feb 10

downshift says:

Multistrada crash

This must be what happenss if you try and get the pegs down! Looks like the panniers definitely helped him (3rd picture). Good shot of the engine!

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Yep.  This is what happens when you put superbike quality brakes on a long travel suspension, high CG bike.  The touchy brakes make the front end dive putting too much demand on the front tire, then it tucks.  He isn't the first to bin this type of bike

I agree with the comment on "I had it on the wrong map".  Insurance will love that.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

You cant all start slating the bike for this one crash. You have no idea about 1. the tyres. 2 . the state of the tyres. 3. the rider. But it does look like a hard bike to get any weight over the front. I wonder how itwill look streetfightered...

Reply to this Topic
aphmitchell

Jan 08

aphmitchell says:

Ouch!

I hope your rider is ok? screw the bike its just a hunk of metal, as long as the rider enjoyed his bush visit and came out unscathed. Nice to see the action pics would have liked to have had my endo spill filmed lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices