Skip to content

Discuss This Laguna Seca to stage Moto2 and 125 class in 2011? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Laguna Seca to stage Moto2 and 125 class in 2011?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Laguna Seca to stage Moto2 and 125 class in 2011?

Laguna Seca could soon play host to the full MotoGP schedule with plans under discussion to run the Moto2 and 125GP races in California next year. Ever since Laguna Seca returned to the Grand Prix calendar in 2005, it has been for the MotoGP class only. A comprehensive support race programme has been provided by a full American superbike championship schedule. But all...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (30 July 2010 10:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Incredible

Dorna is actually talking some sense.

The lower classes didn't come because of cost but the series still ships the equipment half way around the world to the States than ships out only to do the same thing a month or so later.

Just have both Laguna and Indy on the same swing and that would save a massive amount of money. Just have a week's break in between. I'm sure everyone would find something to do. Hell they probably could do it back to back weekends.

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

DO IT NOW

It makes sense from a logistics and cost initiative and it would be great to have the full Motogp circus together. The other added bonus is that it would make a really special holiday for us Europhiles as we could combine a two destination holiday with only one internal flight thus making it a more reasonably priced holiday with the added bonus of 2 full Motogp rounds. Air fares across the pond are also at their lowest now. I really hope this gets off the ground as there could be many Brits at these 2 rounds in the future. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Laguna

About bloody time. Forty Moto2 bikes going through the cork screw - what a sight that would be.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Bring it on...

I'm about to wee wee just thinking about it!

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

about time too

something that everyone has recognised as being blindingly obvious actually being done at last ... and yes, 125 and Moto2 should run at Laguna .... the AMA can knob-off to WSBK at Miller

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Ooh La Ouch!

Moto2 vs the corkscrew? Could be a few bosses watching with hands covering the eyes!

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Will be great to see the smaller bikes in the GP circus.  I don't know why the AMA can't have their own weekend.

Cost savings from shipping back and forth makes sense but I have to wonder...if Indy happens a week later, will as many people show up to each one.  Spaced further apart, there's a better chance of people traveling to both due to needing to schedule time off work, etc.  Could be a wash.  Save monery here but make less money there...

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Because...

Laguna can only have (I think) 4 events per year and they also do car racing there so that is probably why they want to do all their motorcycle racing on the same weekend.

The majority of fans at Laguna are either from overseas, California (mostly) or the adjoining states. The majority of fans at Indy are from overseas, Indiana (mostly) or the adjoining states. Two different crowds mostly. I don't think they would impact each other very much.

Reply to this Topic
Darowyn

Mar 05

Darowyn says:

The two  US circuits are over 2000 miles apart.

If that was in Europe it would be like worrying about having one race in Spain and a week later, another in Italy.

Nobody would worry about whether the fans would turn up for each one, though some might be at both.

I really think that the US don't know what they are missing by excluding the smaller classes. They are nealry always the better races,

Reply to this Topic
halffast

Dec 09

halffast says:

Laguna Seca to stage Moto2 and 125 class in 2011?

It'll never happen. Why? Because it makes too much sense. Dorna will find a way to screw it up. Also, Yamaha signed a huge deal with Laguna Seca and will want to see the AMA events run. http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/news-item?r=OU9BYUBQVA

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices