You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > 2001 cbr600fs

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

duke123

Dec 09

duke123 says:

2001 cbr600fs

HI CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE I HAVE A CBR600FS IT BEEN STORED FOR 7 YEARS ITS HAD A NEW FUEL PUMP AND RELAYS AND IT TURNS OVER BUT NO SIGNS OF FIRING AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY THE FUEL PUMP WILL BUZZ BUT IT DOESANT CAN YOU HELP MIKE

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 August 2010 17:58)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

The 2001 CBR is injected, so when the key is turned you should hear the stsyem pressurising.

Is there an alarm or immobiliser fitted. Could they be playing up? Is the battery fully charged?

Check your fuses and connections. If it has been standing for 7 years then could they have corroded??

you could also check the kill switch and side stand switches are working correctly......... If its been standing that long it could be a whole manner of things.... But try these things first.

Reply to this Topic
racman1

Apr 09

racman1 says:

layed up cbr

check feed to fuel pump relay 12v. check output terminal from relay 12v, normally terminal num 87. if there is battery voltage there, then check for same voltage at fuel pump. if this is so, and the pump has a good earth the the pump is faulty. if there is no voltage at the pump, then its a fair bet your immobiliser/alarm is playing up. hope this helps, but could be all sorts of things being layed up for 7 years

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices