Skip to content

Ask an Expert Which helmet? Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Which helmet?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

headoned

Jan 08

headoned says:

Which helmet?

Right the time has come for me to purchase a new helmet and im unsure what to buy. Im torn between two, the AGV stealth SV and the HJC FS11 both have good features but im just wondering what your opinions of these lids are?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 August 2010 10:06)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
triumphrider600

Feb 09

get yourself

off to your local George White outlet. You will pick up an Arai or Shoei for the same money.

Tom

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
phowarth18

Sep 09

phowarth18 says:

Try

them on to see which fits the best/

Reply to this Topic
frazerish

Mar 10

frazerish says:

which helmet

The AGV Stealth SV and the HJC FS11 are both reasonably good budget helmets. 

If you really want the best protection then I would go with arai however this may not be for you. 

So the AGV Stealth SV is as i have said a reasnably good helmet, with good safety features just like the HJC FS11. To fully understand which helmet is best for you, you will have to try them on. In my experience you don't usually have the head shape to fit both helmets, you see the AGV shell shape is a lot different to the HJC. 

So as I said try them on see which one fits the best. It is best to keep them on for 5 minutes at least as well to make sure they dont give you a headache. 

You never know neither of them may fit, but make sure the one you choose is a good fit. To do this go to a reputable dealer (such as Hein Gericke) as they will be able to fit you properly and proffessionally and you know that the helmet has been looked after. 

I personally would never buy a helmet online or second hand because at the end of the day you only have 1 head and you dont want a damaged helmet. 

So there is no definite answer on which is the best helmet, if all depends on your own head shape

hope this helps buddy =]:laugh:  

Reply to this Topic
cokedealer

Oct 10

cokedealer says:

suomy

both of those look so bland....if i had the money (and if i could find one in london) id get a suomy vandal tattoo, it has the same safety rating as the agv on sharp and with an iridium visor it looks like an orgasm on your face

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices