Skip to content

Discuss This New triple confirmed for forthcoming Triumph Adventure New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New triple confirmed for forthcoming Triumph Adventure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Pierre Galpin  says:

New triple confirmed for forthcoming Triumph Adventure

As revealed in this week's issue of MCN, Triumph has created a new engine for its forthcoming Adventure. A new official teaser video has just been released by the firm, revealing the choice of a new, long-stroke three cylinder engine based on the 675 to power the middleweight road and off-road bike versions of the bike. Triumph says in the video that the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 August 2010 14:47)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
theMaskedAvenger

Jun 10

Welded subframe and footpeg hangers

Please tell me that the off-road version isn't going to have a welded subframe and welded on passenger footpeg hangers?

I thought this was supposed to be a serious adventure bike, not something for the ride from the road to the campside?

Reply to this Topic
samueleuk

Aug 10

samueleuk says:

Front Wheel

On the off-road version the front wheel is clearly a 21". However, I am wondering whether the front tyre of the road version is a 17" or a 19". Personally, I would prefer a 17" as I use my bike 99.9% on the road. Sam

Reply to this Topic
RSVV60

Aug 02

RSVV60 says:

New Triumph Adventure bikes

The new bikes look good but why carn't they have a shaft drive? as this would certainly take a lot of sales away from BMW.

Mik

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Shaft drive would mean higher price tag. I think they need to keep this bike affordable.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Hmm. I like all types of bikes, particularly off road ones, but I am struggling with this whole adventure thing. I mean a BMW 1200GS with sticky out cylinders and shaft drive must be the last thing you would want to take off road, so I reckon a lighter more nimble Triumph will sell like hot cakes. I have no idea why anyone would want to buy either though.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@kl595

Well, some like to go off-road sometimes. But I agree the BMW is way to large and heavy for any intensive off-roading. I think the Triumph adventure will ride like any of their brilliant naked bikes on asphalt and will be twice as maneoverable off-road as the GS.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

shaping up nicely

Pity though that it's taken Triumph so long to work out the kind of Tiger they really needed to build. You could spend your money on a fully sorted secondhand Africa Twin or Transalp or Cagiva Elefant like mine or BMW and have loads of cash to spare. I wonder if the Tiger will finally have somewhere to attach a decent bashplate this time.

Reply to this Topic
chrisforeman

Mar 05

chrisforeman says:

Street triple tourer

Europe last year on a Sprint, this year a Street Triple R. Sprint too heavy for scratching, STR too revvy and windy on long roads to the twists. This might be my next bike?

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

By all accounts, the next gen big Tiger will be a shaft drive. I'm looking forward to riding this one though. Might be a great light, fun sports tourer.

Reply to this Topic
theMaskedAvenger

Jun 10

@RSVV60, I'm glad it doesn't have shaft drive. If your shaft drive does pear shaped in the middle of a holiday - even somewhere pretty close to home - you will struggle to get it fixed and it might end the trip. If your chain has problems, the parts are generally something you can get from any bike dealer and it's fairly straightforward to fit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices