Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Cal Crutchlow onboard a Yamaha XJR1300 General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: Cal Crutchlow onboard a Yamaha XJR1300

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Cal Crutchlow onboard a Yamaha XJR1300

Cal Crutchlow was untouchable at Silverstone WSB - but how much more skilled is he than the average rider? To find out we took Cal, an average rider and a selection of bikes to a test track for some datalogged testing - read the full story in this week's MCN, on sale Wednesday 11 August 2010. As a little taster, here's onboard...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 August 2010 09:55)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kawasakifreak

Nov 07

He's a Pro Racer so he's Fast

I saw a leather-clad bottom & then a private track disappearing under a set of dials.

like the idea of a comparison between Racer & Joe Blow but most of us don't ride on tracks so what are you really comparing ?

Not sure.

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

I liked it

Nice feature.  Even though I would have embarassed him on the tighter sectionsl. :-P

Reply to this Topic
philcov40

Aug 10

philcov40 says:

borrow mine cal !!

nice to see cal useing a xjr1300,not enough publicity about this bike . i've had one for about 4 months and love it and as i only live round the corner from cal if he is ever without a bike he can borrow mine  ( as long as i get free tickets for all the races ) still i can always dream lol

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

If you want to compair Cal with us ordinary bikers, bring him up to Scotland and we will show him round the west coast roads and then we can judge how he compairs to normal riders.

That would make a good story for the paper, how about it.

Mind  I`m not wheeliying my CB1300.

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Cal on road

I'm sure Bike did an article where they took Cal out on road on an R1 shortly after he won the WSS title. If I remember rightly they said Cal doesn't pay much attention to speed limits (even 30's!) and was useless at canceling his indicator but was bloody fast, the journo said he was having to push right at his limits and Cal was still buggering off into the distance! I'll see if I can dig it out and let you know what issue it was.
Personally I think it's great seeing Cal on a road bike, especially not just a sports bike. I'd love to see an article Track Racer Vs Road racer, something like McGuinness or Hutchinson against a rider of the likes of Cal and co, setting best times on a road circuit, then on a track to see the difference in riding styles and how much quicker each is in their own territory. Just a thought! Doubt they would let it happen though

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Normal Road Riders

In my opinion there are loads of fast and talented riders out there. But not every one has the means to go racing and be in the right place at the right time to  get the support required to continually hone your skills. Swimmers don,t train by going running . Cyclists don,t train by going swimming. Getting time on the bike is where its at , and it all cost money. the local track here is where Mick Doohan, Darryl Beattie Casey Stoner, Jason Crump all started on the dirt and there was always plenty of guys in races able to win. Ultimately talent shines thru but  what i,m tring to say is there are so many talented guys out there but not every one gets the breaks to go on to the next level . Great to see Cal on a normal road bike but how can you compare his talent to a weekend warrior road rider, who does nt train his mind to riding a bike like a racer train s his life to ride a bike.  Hope to see Cal in GP next year but as usual the politics of racing will determine weither he gets the ride or not.

Reply to this Topic
tyson12345

Apr 10

tyson12345 says:

xjr 1300

thanks for the video i have just bought a xjr i am going to have loads of fun see you at cadwell regards ian

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices