Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

papasmurf78

Jan 09

papasmurf78 says:

is it worth it

i am thinking of putting a led gear indicator on my blade

is it worth it has anyone done this and found a benifit or is it just a waste of time and money 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 August 2010 14:38)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

gear?

With a bike like yours i would keep my eyes on the road ahead and not looking down at a gear indicator.I must admit i`ve always felt for a higher gear when already in top.I`ve fitted a flasher warning buzzer to stop me leaving the flashers on and also stopping me keep pressing them off when their already off and also i don`t have to look down.:smile

Reply to this Topic
papasmurf78

Jan 09

papasmurf78 says:

its more of

just an idea im still getting use to the bike but

i keep going for gears that aint there like 7th

or popping down one two many and scaring myself

just wondered if people found them a help or hinderance

also was told a screen brace might help stop mirror wobble slightly is this another waste of money or should i invest

will it fit ok around a steering dampner???

thanks for any advice

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

papasmurf

I'd say no, you'll eventually get used to how the bike sounds and feels in each gear, but then that' my opinion.

At what speeds do the mirrors vibrate.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

any usable tool on your bike

has got to help, im always looking for another top gear that doesnt exist and on a couple of occasions came crashing down the box and hit first instead of the intended second, heart in mouth stuff when i got back on the beans:lol::ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I'd say no

But I'm glad it's not just me looking for an extra top gear.

Reply to this Topic
HANNspreeGirl

Aug 10

Gear display

I put an Acumen on my CBR and it certainly stops you looking for 7th gear, it also helps you to locate the correct gear for an over take rather than just kicking it down a couple and finding you are still a few RPM below the power band after you have already pulled out.

For those that say 'keep your eyes on the road', mine is located just near the speedo (photo attached), something I glance at often!, and because of the illuminated nature of the gear display, I can see it in my peripheral vision when I look at my speedo.

Put it somewhere close to your clocks and you will see it every time you check your speed, having used one for over a year now I would say it's a great add on that helps you always make sure you are in the right gear for the situation you are approaching without having to guess.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I've had them on my last three gixers and on the Triumph as standard.
Im in the process of getting an '06 zxr636, which doesnt have one...... And Yes, I was looking down to see what gear I was in.

You just get used to using it. And not going for the 7th gear that aint there..... It's also handy for  other things..... which I cant talk about on here.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
mattdaytona

Feb 09

mattdaytona says:

I find

on roads I do regularly I do indeed manage by the feel and sound of the engine.  When I'm on less familiar terrain (most of the time now) too many things distract me and I can't as easily correlate the feel of the bike.  Then I find the indicator useful.

Matt

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices