Skip to content

General Most exotic brand you've ridden or owned? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Most exotic brand you've ridden or owned?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Most exotic brand you've ridden or owned?

Just wondering what people consider the most exotic bike they've actually owned or ridden and did the reality live up to expectations??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 August 2010 17:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sabrinus Hic

Jul 08

Sabrinus Hic says:

Boss Hoss

In the USA some years ago, buddy and I found a billiant bikers bar, and outside was a row of these and I asked the guy if I could sit on his Boss Hoss and he was chuffed I asked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZ6r1Vq9Qg

Thing was made by his shop, and they took out the V8 5.0 Lite lump and replaced it with a V8 6.0 bored out lump. So did not own, could not (well would not as was offered)  ride the machine fear of dropping it, but at least I sat on it, started it, reved it up....Aaaaahhhhh.

One day eh ?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

higherbussa

a higher  bussa side car out fit i was in the chair and i was scared as the thing when so f%cking fast :shock:

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I rod e a Ducati 999R once. The full 19 grands worth. :blink:

And yes, it was special.. :roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

as the owner of an MV F4 1000R & a cbr 1000rr , tis an easy choice , the f4 makes the blade feel lethargic..

& ive owned blades since 97 ( fantastic bikes ) , but just NOT in the same league .. my honest opinion ... & from a man who knows :wink:

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Ooh..

I've ridden an MV Agusta f4 1000, a Benelli Tornado and a Ducati 749.. I've also sat on Troy Bayliss's 2002 Ducati 996 and briefly ridden John Reynolds 2001 Reve Red-Bull Ducati 996

But one day I was down the Ace cafe and stood next to a Desmosedici.... Think I even rested my hand on the tank for a couple of seconds too... maybe I even came in my pants.... I dunno, the whole episode seems like a bit of an unreachable dream now... perhaps it never occured............

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Flyer

Of all the bikes you mentioned you've ridden did any stick out as being a bike you'd seriously consider spending your own cash on?

My Spondon is a little bit special but I'm not sure it would be called exotic by others. If I discount that then the bikes I've ridden have been quite humble in some respects (maybe my old vertemati race bike would stand out as being somewhat exotic amoungst the rest)

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

ONCE TOUCHED ONE OF THESE, THE ULTIMATE BIKE

"

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Not ridden

but sat on Ducati Desmo. :biggrin:

As for ridden well it will have to go to the ZZR1400, which at the time was the only one in the South East of England!

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Got to be ..

.. the Raleigh Chopper ... had a proper 'stick shift' on the cross bar ..ape bars and a plush saddle with sissy bar at the back ....fitted an aftermarket playing card to the forks to catch the spinning spokes - the noise was awesome ..... I felt like a God that day....... I was a God that day  :winkie: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Spondonste...

To be absolutely honest no!

Reason: I use bikes for their intended purpose!!

As beautiful as the MV is it's a very hard bike... I'd love to use one on a track but on the road it's too hard and race-focused... Similar with the Benelli although the riding position is way too high for my liking (and i'm no short-arse) The Ducati 749 was gutless, although had beautiful handling..

Basically, for me I need a bike that I can rely on every day for anything I want to do that's why i've 2 GSXR750's..... Totally reliable!! (Fuzzrr will disagree)

By the way my road 750 is just about to turn 65,000 miles with just routine servicing by myself...... I'd love to hear about any Italian exotica bike that can boast that!!

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle