Skip to content

Discuss This Video review : Harley Wide Glide v Victory Vegas v Triumph Thunderbird First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video review : Harley Wide Glide v Victory Vegas v Triumph Thunderbird

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video review : Harley Wide Glide v Victory Vegas v Triumph Thunderbird

With competition getting even stiffer for Harley from the new Victory Vegas 8-Ball and the big bore, 1700cc Triumph Thunderbird, is the classic Harley Dyna Wide Glide cruiser still doing enough? Find a Cruiser for sale To find out we take all three on a road trip to Brighton for Shaw Harley's beach party to meet up with legendary bike builder Roland Sands. ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (13 August 2010 11:30)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

Harley is the best but not better?

I have to add my vote here to get rid of features like this. I love watching the comparatives where people discuss what makes one bike better or worse than another. Especially when later I test this by testing/borrowing mates' bikes.

I was so dissappointed with this. There is only a short section at the beginning on the bikes. All that heritage malarkey sounds like a marketing sell-out.

I have to say that cruiser certainly aren't my cup of tea. But, as a respectful biker, I listen to all parts of our family and respect their opinions. Recently I tried a Triumph Thunderbird because they had a test model at my dealership. I have to say I enjoyed it. I would never replace my Street Triple with one and it is certainly not in my options for an update later this year (the NEW Speed, Brutale....). However, I can appreciate the fun of going up to the mountains and carving the corners at a more relaxed pace.

You that have the opportunity to put together an informative video on these interesting bikes that the rest of us can grasp an idea of the cruiser psyche, please - do it properly :)

Reply to this Topic
wheeliedave

Jul 08

wheeliedave says:

Harley cant keep up

Please Lads lads this vid is so limp its embarrassing it needed to be much longer with more of the bikes in action and for god sake find another bend to film on coz the tar is wearing a bit thin on that one. you have made some crackin vids in the past you need a fresh approach like take some real bikers and ask them in depth how they found the rides. I am personally not interested in celebrity opinion unless it’s a proper bikes like Charlie or Carl Ect. This seems to me a lets kiss Harleys ass feature. Thought you were impartial seems you are easily influenced.
the Harleys is so woefully bad compared to triumph victory and even the japs I had a test ride on a sporster 1200 and above half way up the revs my eyes went blurred ( is this not a health and safety risk lol) i then took the VL800 and sorry but it knocked the Harley in to a cocked hat so the suzi was best simple as that if the company cant produce bikes good enough for modern times then they don’t deserve to hold top spot. Austin Morris had heritage but I would not even think of buying one even if they still made them.
In conclusion it don’t matter if Harley make a sub standard bike it means nothing that it has the badge if its not the best its not the winner end of story.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices