You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > cbr600fx

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wannaB34

Apr 08

wannaB34 says:

cbr600fx

iv'e got cbr carb model.. seems to run fine untill i actually start to ride.. it has no power(45-50max)but revs up fine at standstill...

changed plugs and cleaned carbs.....

i have put an acewell digi dash on ..buts its just the same with it unplugged.....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 August 2010 10:19)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

no power

What colour were the plugs and were they all the same?  Does the bike splutter or make any noises when you reach your low max speed.?What work has been done to the bike just before it started ?Do you have any petrol tap positions and what are they? Has the bike been laid up/not used ?  

Reply to this Topic
wannaB34

Apr 08

wannaB34 says:

cbr600fx

the bikes be sat over winter i put the digi dash on while it sat ..was fine last year...... took it to snett and it ran bad ... it splutters at max mph about 50ish like its out of fuel even with the dash unplugged....  iv'e cleaned the carbs,air filter and replaced the plugs and it revs up fine..(sorted?).......took it to cadwell and it ex the same......

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

could be

could be fuel pump or fuel pump relay i had cbr 6 years ago and the fuel pump relay actually cought fire trying to turn the fuel pump. i think the cbrs have a static line fuel pump so getting a replacement should not be much of a problem at your local breakers off another honda .

to test your pump i think you have to power up the fuel pump and see how much fuel it is actually shifting in a given time deffo sounds like fuel starvation .....hope this helps

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

starve

I agree with oscar,when you cleaned the carbs did you remove them or drop the float bowls to check the jets?

Reply to this Topic
wannaB34

Apr 08

wannaB34 says:

cbr600fx

i removed the carbs... cleaned with carb cleaner then blew through with a compressor....can i test the pump by just connecting power.....will it make any noise....

would getting it on a dyno show the prob.....

Reply to this Topic
wannaB34

Apr 08

wannaB34 says:

cbr600fx

the only thing i've done before it ran bad was the acewell dash ..unplugged its no better.....  but not tryed it with the OE clocks back on....could this be the prob..???

Reply to this Topic
wannaB34

Apr 08

wannaB34 says:

cbr600fx

fuel pump seems to be ok......

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

power

If the pump is ok and peeing petrol out with a squirt and the jets are clear it can only be the carb slides with needles not going to the top and restricting the main jet or the exhaust system is blocked.P.S. i`m not an expert.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

shit

hi when you say you stripped the carbs did you actually take them to bits or just take the float bowls off and spray em ? trhe reason i'm asking is my bike was laid up over winter and the float jets actually seized up in their holders i had to prize em out with a screwdriver  lovely modern fuel eh.......if you haven't stripped carbs properly ie jets take em to bits not just spray em sounds like hopefully that is the problem any small particles in jets will be a right pain in the arse .........if this doesn't sort it could be a electrical fault wish i could come and have a look but i live in durham

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices