Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati confirm Valentino Rossi signing MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati confirm Valentino Rossi signing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati confirm Valentino Rossi signing

Ducati has made official the worst kept secret in MotoGP racing by confirming it has captured Valentino Rossi on a big money two-year deal. Valentino Rossi: 'My work at Yamaha is finished’ As was exclusively revealed by MCN back in late June, the reigning world champion has penned a deal to partner Nicky Hayden next season and he will spearhead Ducati’s assault...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 August 2010 17:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Paulbde - Haslam

Yes it would be good to see Haslam in MOTO GP. I genuinely believe that he could be a winner on the right bike and with the right team. He has the experience and ability.

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

it show's the goat is always up for a challenge, when he was with honda i said he would end his career with ducati, it always made perfect sense italian...italy...rossi = ducati, i feel so privleged to have seen him 125...250...500...990....800...in the flesh love to see him bag the title on a ducati

Reply to this Topic
bestd955

Feb 05

bestd955 says:

Whats not to like

An outstanding Italian on a proven italian race wining bike, whats not to like, bring on next season, this to take Rossi to true legend status, i for one can not wait

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Big news, the competition will be seeing red!!!

Or if they have any style a yellow Duke for Mr Rossi please??? If not every time maybe the occasional yellow Desmo would be nice. To be honest this is the biggest thing to happen for a long time and win or lose the world will be watching every race that Italian does on that Italian bike. Thats for sure.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Italian View

I live in Italy and yes, worst kept secret ever, but everyone here is pissing themselves at the thought of Il Dottore sulla Ducati.

Get ur Mugello tickets now - book the ducati tribune and hire a camper van for parking in track for total madness!

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

This move to Ducati is very interesting for many reasons.

Did he jump or was he pushed?

Having delivered his ultimatum to Yamaha last year, effectively saying it's me or Lorenzo, Yamaha have stuck with Lorenzo.

Why would Yamaha prefer Lorenzo to the so-called goat?

Simple, Lorenzo's faster. In the three races at the start of the year, Lorenzo scored more points than Rossi.

In the first ten races of this season Lorenzo has done something Rossi never has, namely finishing first or second. Lorenzo will go on to win this championship by a huge margin.

People will say "ah, but he didn't beat Rossi properly".

Does that then mean that Rossi's championship wins are devalued because he didn't beat Rossi either?

Lorenzo will win the championship this year because this year he is the best.

Reply to this Topic
guzzrvf

Dec 08

guzzrvf says:

"People will say "ah, but he didn't beat Rossi properly" Unfortunately for lorenzo this is true, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best, having rossi injured is a bit like beating a second strength football side. lorenzo was faster in the first few races when he was on michelins and rossi was on bridgestones but rossi still won the championship in the end so you can't say lorenzo would have won anyway, no one knows what would of happened if rossi didn't crash.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

08 Season?

"lorenzo was faster in the first few races when he was on michelins and rossi was on bridgestones but rossi still won the championship in the end so you can't say lorenzo would have won anyway"

You must be talking about 08 season, cause thats when Rossi changed from michelins to bridgestones. That was Jorge Lorenzo first year in Motogp.

The 09 season single tire rule came in. Bridgestones were favoured to provide tires to all riders. This season, before Rossi crash, Lorenzo was still fast, and ahead of Rossi.

But yes injury to rossi did play a big part in the outcome of this years championship. But Lorenzo deserves it. Guy has finished 1st or 2nd in every races so far. If you think thats not champion worthy than I don't know what is....

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Interesting times

It will be interesting to see the strum and drang when Rossi wins riding a Ducati, and come to think of it, just as interesting to watch when he is beaten by someone else.  Just to add a little spice to this soap opera I hope that Jeremy Burgess is rejected by the Italians and instead of retiring decides to stick around at Yamaha and assist with preparation of Jorge's bike. 

Reply to this Topic
guzzrvf

Dec 08

guzzrvf says:

ppatel3d

It must of been 08, but in the first 4 rounds of 09 lorenzo had 2 wins to rossi's 1 and rossi still went on to win the championship. "Guy has finished 1st or 2nd in every races so far" realistically rossi, lorenzo, pedrosa and stoner are the only riders capable of winning, in fact apart from dovi's win in donington 09 they are the only riders to win in the last 2 and a half years so when you take rossi out due to injury then that just leaves lorenzo the possibility of finishing 1st 2nd or third, plus stoner seems to be having issues so at the moment race wins seems to be between lorenzo or pedrosa. lorenzo is riding well, he is the best of the rest at the moment but you can't help but wonder what would be happening right now if rossi didn't break his leg.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices