You are in... Forums > General > General > Another Bike bites the dust :(

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

Another Bike bites the dust :(

Finished work at 12 and on way home was thinking how nice it was and that i definately was going to go out for a blast but i didn't even make it home.

Came round this corner onto this bit of straight road and i couldn't see for glare that a van was indicating and braking so when i realised it was  too late braked hard lost front bike hit bottom of van, Had this steel thing fitted there and a towing iron. I followed bike hit my bike went through screen on bike and somehow manage to go flying down side of the van.

Got to my feet and was that pissed off(with mself) i launched gloves and helmet. Called ambulance even though i said i was ok  but got checked out anyways. They wanted to take me to hospital but signed a sheet saying no. Think i may have broken something in my foot as its twice the size but i can't afford to have time off work. My left calf has a golf ball sized lump and so dows my left hip.
Worst thing is bike is fucked big style and i can't say just how pissed off i am 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 August 2010 18:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Sorry to hear this Lucas

:upset:..... but as others have said - the main thing is that you are reasonably ok. .... there will be plenty more bikes in future. :winkie:  

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Sorry Lucas

Feel for you, but as everyone else is telling you, please go and get checked out before you do anything else. I'm another one that's had years of trouble because I didn't make enough fuss after an off. I've regretted it every day since.

I've had many bikes since then. You will too, I'm sure. Best of luck with everything.

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

sorry to hear

This news Lucas.  If the sweling doesn't go dwn you really should get an X-Ray. At least dose up on anti-inflammatories

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Sorry

to hear of your news, though thankfully your not badly hurt.  However I hope you have taken the advise from the previous posts and got your injuries checked out!

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

heres

the main damage to the bike

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Looks to me like

that missing chunk may be repairable on the bottom of the crankcase if you've got the bits of it, a good welder may be able to do it, might need a bit of tidying and redrilling sump mounting holes after, worth trying. :smile another sump plate should be sourceable rather than repair that. What's anyone elses opinion?

Any more damage further in? any possibility of any bends to anything in there? that broken section doesn't look to be structural. With any luck crank and camshaft bearings may be ok if it didn't run long afterwards.

even if you don't have broken off bits, sump might be used as bits to patch, is probably not going to look pretty though :upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Jesus

Lucas f*ck the bike off for now and get your body panels seen to first, you may have chipped the bone (hence th bumps) and having hobbled on a cracked ankle for a few hours you can break stuff and not realise mate! Go and get it all checked out asap or I will give you a bigger lump on the back of your head next time I see you :shock:! Seriously mate its worth the sitting a couple of hours in A&E to be sure as if you go into work and have some misfortune they won't appreciate it, and you could be left with a lot more time off work. In 24 hours time you could be in real pain!Trust me I live with the aches and pains of relocating my own fingers / shoulder and stitching myself up instead of seeing the MO and it isn't worth it. I ache all Winter and sound like bubble wrap when I run on a treadmill.

As for the bike well there's other priorities at the minute, but as others have said, could become a track bike (if you know someone who'll get it there for you) or could become a project for you to rebuild. There are plenty of old CBR600s out there mate. I would suggest moving the bike to a friendly mates garage if Lucy hasn't seen it yet as that might be quite a shock.

Look at it this way, if you can wake up tomorrow then it was as 'good' an accident as you can have.

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

hey

mate cheers for that staffs. As for bike will have to strip and sell bits i can to try get some money back from it. Lucy has seen it and she got upset at first but has just said to me that we'll have a bike jar that we can chuck spare money into

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

hey

mate cheers for that staffs. As for bike will have to strip and sell bits i can to try get some money back from it. Lucy has seen it and she got upset at first but has just said to me that we'll have a bike jar that we can chuck spare money into for one

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Well

at least she didn't try and throttle you so it must be love :tongue:

like I said without blowing smoke up your rear I would rather your bike was in bits than you were, even if we can get replacement parts for you and the bike from asia...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle