You are in... Forums > General > General > Another Bike bites the dust :(

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

Another Bike bites the dust :(

Finished work at 12 and on way home was thinking how nice it was and that i definately was going to go out for a blast but i didn't even make it home.

Came round this corner onto this bit of straight road and i couldn't see for glare that a van was indicating and braking so when i realised it was  too late braked hard lost front bike hit bottom of van, Had this steel thing fitted there and a towing iron. I followed bike hit my bike went through screen on bike and somehow manage to go flying down side of the van.

Got to my feet and was that pissed off(with mself) i launched gloves and helmet. Called ambulance even though i said i was ok  but got checked out anyways. They wanted to take me to hospital but signed a sheet saying no. Think i may have broken something in my foot as its twice the size but i can't afford to have time off work. My left calf has a golf ball sized lump and so dows my left hip.
Worst thing is bike is fucked big style and i can't say just how pissed off i am 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 August 2010 18:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

cheers

staffs. going to be proper lost without bike 

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Well

get a small scooter, if you insure it you will gain no claims bonus on 2 wheel policy and so it will lower your insurance when you get your other one repaired you won't be going from jack all. Also you will still have a bit of two wheel feeling, cheap transport and be able to inhale that 2 stroke elixir.

I still think you should go and see someone about the lumps and bumps - if a car had knocked you down in the street you'd get checked out so why not because you were on the bike? If you don't do it before work tomorrow then try afterwards... Rossi didn't say I'll see how I am in the morning he said f*ck it where's the air ambulance - you want to be a racer don't you:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Sorry to hear that mate

chin up and all that. The main thing is that you are ok, especailly with a littl'un on the way

Reply to this Topic
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Lucas

Sorry to hear news of your accident but at least you've walked away from it.  Chin up and get saving! 

Reply to this Topic
dcjmac

Aug 10

dcjmac says:

X-Rays

Be sensible chap, sounds like you've done some damage to foot and leg. If foot broken and you don't get it fixed correctly now then it'll be worse in the long run.

Silly question but is bike insured? as no mention of getting money back from insurance. If fully comp surely you'll be entitled to something.

If you need something asap then there are lots of 0% finance deals on offer if you've got the resources.

Hope it all works out for you and least you live to ride again!!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

lucas..

don't do anything in a hurry with the bike....leave it be for a bit and things won't look so bleak.Let someone give it a look over later with you and you might be able to salvage it over time,without spending too much.

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

I said it before and

I'll say it again ,you're one lucky dude! That Lucy of yours is a real star ,she must be gutted inside, with a baby on the way and everything, and still she's helping ya toward a bike !

Good idea to let the dust settle ,and put things into perspective .All things are achievable,some just take a little longer ;-).

Sorry about the call yesterday evening ,but you  know Mother Goose would never have settled without checking on ya :wink:!

Take it easy and BE SENSIBLE about any injuries!

hugs to you and Lucy ,

Maxie x

Reply to this Topic
tim1b

Jun 06

tim1b says:

sorry

to hear about your off mate as has been said the main thing is you have walked away from it, i hope you have had the injuries looked at, the bike can be sorted in due time or replaced whenever but people cant. keep your chin up and things wiil come right for you

ps if your going pillion on mickster yer a braver man than me :wink:

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Maxie

your allowed to go all mother goose on us when we're battered and clattered.

Lucas how you feeling mate (injury-wise)?

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

a lot

better than yesterday injury wise not about the bike htough

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle