You are in... Forums > General > General > Another Bike bites the dust :(

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

Another Bike bites the dust :(

Finished work at 12 and on way home was thinking how nice it was and that i definately was going to go out for a blast but i didn't even make it home.

Came round this corner onto this bit of straight road and i couldn't see for glare that a van was indicating and braking so when i realised it was  too late braked hard lost front bike hit bottom of van, Had this steel thing fitted there and a towing iron. I followed bike hit my bike went through screen on bike and somehow manage to go flying down side of the van.

Got to my feet and was that pissed off(with mself) i launched gloves and helmet. Called ambulance even though i said i was ok  but got checked out anyways. They wanted to take me to hospital but signed a sheet saying no. Think i may have broken something in my foot as its twice the size but i can't afford to have time off work. My left calf has a golf ball sized lump and so dows my left hip.
Worst thing is bike is fucked big style and i can't say just how pissed off i am 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 August 2010 18:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

they should definitly invent self healing bikes.

seems like a lucky one though; could ahve been so much worse. 

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

geoff

yea but i aint got no bike and wont have one for probably a couple of years now

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

that sounds really bad

I hope your wrong, and you get back on two wheels sooner though.

Im only third party myself - so if i crash its going to be tough to keep riding without a big gap.

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

well

im in process of buying a house with fiance and shes 13 weeks pregnant so definately won't have the money which sucks because it was my only escape if that makes sense

Reply to this Topic
SheffieldSteel

Feb 09

Shit man

Sorry to hear about that, Ive not bin on and dint know till P49 told me. Hope your ok mate, apart from the pride.

At least your fit and well mate, thats the main thing, you can replace a bike. Get an old scrapper for a few hundred to keep ya going for a bit till ya sort out ya finances.

Lets just hope ya mend well eh???

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

In reality mate

the weathers probably going to go pants and you are about to be running around after the missus / more knackered than you've ever been when little one appears so you might not have got much playtime on it anyway. You can devote your free time to rebuilding the thing or something - might be quite a project for you.

Looks crap at the minute but things will sort themselves out even if it means a few long shifts to get the funds in!

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

weather

ddidnt really bother me went out all over in winter still. as for bike will be going put parts up if i can't get any money that way have to be a salvage place i think. then hopefully2 years time be able to get another :(

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Sorry

to hear your bad news, hope you have been to get your injuries sorted.

Store the bike and as time and money allows, pick up the parts required and rebuild it. Most important is that you were not as badly injured as your pride.

Reply to this Topic
SheffieldSteel

Feb 09

Lucas

Excactly what does the bike need to get it back on the road??

Have you priced it up, Ive put a few wrote off and damaged bikes back on the road, the worst costing me a grand.

A bit of work in the shed and a part when you can afford it and you could be back on the road sooner than you think. Some of us on here may be able to help with the repair if ya not too faw away.

Loads a bits all over the t'internet if ya shop around and it'll get ya out of the house when ya fancy a break.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

i would need

new front wheel, discs, engine, exhasut headers and silencer , r/h foot peg, fairings , l/h mirror, l/h clip on  just off top of my head

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices