You are in... Forums > General > General > Another Bike bites the dust :(

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

Another Bike bites the dust :(

Finished work at 12 and on way home was thinking how nice it was and that i definately was going to go out for a blast but i didn't even make it home.

Came round this corner onto this bit of straight road and i couldn't see for glare that a van was indicating and braking so when i realised it was  too late braked hard lost front bike hit bottom of van, Had this steel thing fitted there and a towing iron. I followed bike hit my bike went through screen on bike and somehow manage to go flying down side of the van.

Got to my feet and was that pissed off(with mself) i launched gloves and helmet. Called ambulance even though i said i was ok  but got checked out anyways. They wanted to take me to hospital but signed a sheet saying no. Think i may have broken something in my foot as its twice the size but i can't afford to have time off work. My left calf has a golf ball sized lump and so dows my left hip.
Worst thing is bike is fucked big style and i can't say just how pissed off i am 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 August 2010 18:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

O.K. Lucas...

so at least you don't have to report the accident to the insurers.So if you let your insurance run it's term, at least you will keep your 'no claims' bonus.....best to just leave it a little while before you start getting rid.Is there no one who would keep it in a shed or something for you,while you feel a bit better?

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Think we need to give the poor chap

a rest, we keep bouncing ideas at him, but at the end of the day, seems he's between a rock and a hard place with only limited options available.

Anybody fairly near to him? If I was  I'd be round for a chat to him with a couple of beers or something and have a look over the bike.

Sorry Luke I know you got your pride, but I think you need a bit of moral support right now :biggrin: otherwise I wouldn't say this. I hope you don't see it as interference. :huh:

You and your good lady seem worthy of our support :smile

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

relatives

times are tough. Its so hard to get a loan at the moment that is reasonable. Maybe a relative can lend you 1.5k, and then you can go out and buy a 2nd hand 500 from a dealer? Sometimes its hard to ask a relative, but, if they are happy to accept repayments and are in the financial position to lend, it is always worth considering.

That is what I had to do to get my CB500 recently, because I only work p/t, and because of the recession, no one would offer me even that tiny amount of finance, even though I have never defaulted.

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Guys

lets not be dangling the carrot of buying another bike by getting himself into debt. He's going to have quite enough to worry about and times are gonna be tough (sorry mate but I'd rather level with you than blow smoke up your a*se to make you feel better) .

Lucas see what a scrappie would offer you by all means but I think they would offer you a lot less than you'd want. If that's the case keep the bike and bits as you'll only regret selling it at a massive discount. You probably need a reliable transport with a wheel at each corner with the little one on the way but that doesn't mean writing off your biking ambitions altogether. What it does mean is you need a reliable form of transport to get you to work day in day out - hell a Vauxhall Nova if it gets you there but something cheap and cheerful that you'd happily take you, Lucy and little one in.

Once you have that then you can look at a bike (you can pick up slightly scruffy lates 80s/ early 90s 600 with 30,000+ miles on it for under a grand. Still a lot but its a bike). In 6 months time things will also be clearer on what your outgoings will be. I'd hold off until then to buy anything (unless you're repairing).

Right that's the miserable truth out the way now for the good stuff - you walked away, you're going to be a dad and you will get the opportunity to ride bikes again.

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Lucas

Gutted for you mate.

It wasn't that roundabout again was it, ey? :winkie: Nahh where was it?

Atleast you're ok - that's most important thing right now with Lucas Jr on the way.

You might be too busy for a bike for a while what with a new house and bairn to look after!

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

just

before Norman on way home from town. Yea won't have bike for a long time but i will be getting another when funds allow

Reply to this Topic
mickster1

Jun 08

mickster1 says:

lucas

you know ya more than welcome to ride on the back of me , not the same i know but the offer is always there plus i'll take ya to caddy wether its car or bike so ya can still be around em if ya no what i mean:wink:

ps tim whats wrong with going on the back of me ya cheeky fecker:tongue:

pps luke seen ya text i'll ring ya later dude 

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

lucas

if no one is claiming your insurace it would be a pity if you rebuilt it and some bugger stole it, still at least you could claim yer insurance i suppose:wink:

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

right

the bike has now gone.

Start putting what i can away now to get another although at the minute i am really thinking of just getting a track bike and just doing trackdays as and when i can

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

That's a shame Lucas....

:upset:.Probably the wisest decision tho'..Best of luck for the future.Hope we'll see you at the occasional meet.:smile

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices