Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki GSX1250FA heads sports tourer sales New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Suzuki GSX1250FA heads sports tourer sales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Suzuki GSX1250FA heads sports tourer sales

Suzuki’s GSX1250FA was hailed as a class-leading sports tourer by MCN when it was launched earlier this year as a brilliant combination of value and fun. Read the full Suzuki GSX1250F review The result has seen the bike leap to the top of the sports tourer sales chart. Find a Suzuki GSX1250F for sale Suzuki GB head of sales David Taylor said:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 August 2010 16:21)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

So..Where are the stats to back this up?

Reply to this Topic
stickywicket

Jul 10

stickywicket says:

"its clear that our customers rate cheap and raw boredom as the priority"

couldn't be down to a low rate finance deal could it?

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Price

I doubt if the August figures for the GSX1250FA will be so good with the £700 price jump...at £7000 it was great value compared to rivals.....now its smack bang in the price of rivals and I start paying attention to it budget bits..that £700 was what most new owners had to spend to get rid of the ugly bits and make it a better package.

I personally like the bike and gave it serious consideration as a spare bike but opted for a KTM SMT instead..more expensive but much more than just a 990 SM with extra plastics.

Reply to this Topic
RealMeanMachine

Jan 10

Same old Bandit!

Poor Quality, cheap and cheerful!

Plastic, cheap metal, vibrates more than the wifes Rabbit then dissolves when wet.

Buy cheap get cheap and sale for cheap.

Pay more, get more and sale for more, Yamaha every time!

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@RealMeanMachine

Don't know where you got that from...Im not a Suzuki enthousiast, but those bikes are tanks. Dead reliable and for the price it's hard to find better out there in this category. I've know people who have put 80000km on old bandits without a glitch. I'd consider it myself as a second bike for 2 up riding.

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Bandit in a dress

The old Bandit was a full on street bike and didn't pretend to be anything else..the original GSX-F's where toury versions of a GSXR and had just dreadful styling.

Bandits were also meant to be budget for the masses..now they are just overpriced and under-engineered...just like every other jap brand these days.

No way would i pay £7k for a basic bandit when an extra £1500 get the B-King...top tech, top engine and funky.

By the time you buy the GT version of these and add some mods its £9000.....serious money

Reply to this Topic
BanditSpectre

Aug 10

Test rode one its ok

I have an 11 year old mk1 bandit 600 and its done 75000+ miles and still pulls well.

All my previous bikes have been honda, but the suzuki has been more fun.

My mechanic says it looks good for its age and mileage and I agree, so to say suzuki budget is rubbish realmeanmachine you obviously havent got a clue.

So having a good experience with a Suzuki I thought I'd test ride the new GSF1250FA, after all as the Suzuki dealer informed me it's a bandit with different faring and GSX dash, NO differences other than that, to a 2010 Bandt 1250.

The engine is great bags of torque and the ABS is solid even on gravel, however I'm not tall and got cramp in the wrist after 20 mins riding, the dealer said I'd get used to it. But for the cash I want something comfortable straight away. It's a  good alternative to the Honda CB1000F though(which I DID find comfortable) and looks VERY nice in the sun in the driveway.

But the bottom line is, TRY before you BUY people, as we're all different, and bikes will last as only for as long as the owner looks after their machine.

Reply to this Topic
BanditSpectre

Aug 10

Test rode one its ok

I have an 11 year old mk1 bandit 600 and its done 75000+ miles and still pulls well.

All my previous bikes have been honda, but the suzuki has been more fun.

My mechanic says it looks good for its age and mileage and I agree, so to say suzuki budget is rubbish realmeanmachine you obviously havent got a clue.

So having a good experience with a Suzuki I thought I'd test ride the new GSF1250FA, after all as the Suzuki dealer informed me it's a bandit with different faring and GSX dash, NO differences other than that, to a 2010 Bandt 1250.

The engine is great bags of torque and the ABS is solid even on gravel, however I'm not tall and got cramp in the wrist after 20 mins riding, the dealer said I'd get used to it. But for the cash I want something comfortable straight away. It's a  good alternative to the Honda CB1000F though(which I DID find comfortable) and looks VERY nice in the sun in the driveway.

But the bottom line is, TRY before you BUY people, as we're all different, and bikes will last as only for as long as the owner looks after their machine.

Reply to this Topic
exsup

Jun 06

exsup says:

1250 FA

I have one since the end of March and have enjoyed every minute on it I have had two Bandits before this one and never had a problem with them. The 1250FA gives you a bit more protection and is a easy bike to ride and you can just ride the thing all day its ideal for fun and touring.
To those who think it is not value for money think again you are getting a lot of bike for one of the lowest prices on the market there are little things I could point out on the bike that I do not like but they are just minor things that do not spoil the enjoyment.
If you were to ask me I would recommend it to anyone.

Reply to this Topic
mykbike

Aug 10

mykbike says:

ideal bike ?

Hi I'm a staff photographer on MCN and I'm currently using the 1250FA as my long term bike. I cannot recommend the 1250 highly enough. I've ridden a fair few bikes in my day and I can honestly say that the Suzuki1250 is probably the most ideal bike I've ridden. It has a stonking motor coupled with the comfortable riding position and a beautiful linear power delivery that belies it's big size. I've tweaked the suspension slightly to accommodate the bulk of my camera gear which I store in the top box and panniers. I've decided to fit a Scorpion exhaust and will also be looking at fitting some heated grips and a vario screen to get rid of the slight buffeting .....we are privileged to be given bikes to test and ride and this is the first bike I'm considering buying for myself....big compliment indeed.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle