Skip to content

Discuss This Ulster Grand Prix vs MotoGP TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Ulster Grand Prix vs MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

jamierob

Feb 09

jamierob says:

Ulster Grand Prix vs MotoGP

This year's Ulster Grand Prix was another fantastic event with unbelievably close racing in every race. I'm so glad I didn't go to Brno to fall asleep during another desperately boring MotoGP race.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 August 2010 11:01)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RKILLY67

Apr 09

RKILLY67 says:

Ulster grand prix

Have to agree that the ulster grand prix on telly last night was edge of the seat stuff, great racing and good to see guy martin back dicing with it. credit to the bbc for some good coverage

Reply to this Topic
johnmcd

Jul 10

johnmcd says:

Ulster road races

Hello All im a road racing fan, if you seen the TV last night you will know how good it was at this years UGP i was there and it was unbelievable. I see most of the Road races here in NI and i really do wonder about the Moto GP. All the hype about the riders, their machines, their mechanics  Bla Bla Bla. At road racing these guys have real skill based on raw talent and pure instinct not predtermined engine managment systems, slipper clutches the latest computer download and some huge team of spanners. Look at Paul Robinson Mervyn Robinsons son and Nephew of Joey he works out of a transit has no national sponsoship and won the 125 races at the NW. All you guys need to see road racing to believe it 180MPH along a kerb heading for a stone wall now thats entertainment. Moto GP well im afraid i fall asleep after the first lap in fact im worse now as Suzies gone. :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

did no-one see the Moto 2 race?

there's more to a MotoGP meeting than the 800s ... and i'm afraid most of the MotoGP guys would wipe the floor with the road racers, no contest.

and riding at 180mph heading for a stone wall is not a gauge of talent, just the size of their steel b*llocks.

Reply to this Topic
johnmcd

Jul 10

johnmcd says:

road racing

flip i nearly fell asleep again with all this talk of Moto GP,

Ok so heading towards a padded crash barrier with sand run off etc etc is very brave but not half as brave or exciting and requiring as much skill as  on the road.

You really need to get over here next summer as see some road racing. the NW200 the Cookstown 100 the Armoy road races the UGP, theres more but if you get to any of these and the TT i reckon you could be converted

As they say In NORN IORN catch yerself on

Reply to this Topic
andemcfc

Feb 03

andemcfc says:

Real road racing any day of  the week....motogp is just too dull

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

I`m angry

That I havnt been to these brilliant races before ! I`ve only seen Motogp race that was enough , BORING !

Reply to this Topic
johnmcd

Jul 10

johnmcd says:

wake up the Moto GP is over

hey Cosher, looks like your out numbered we seem to have a few road racing fans or people bored with the moto gp roundabout going round and round and round. I hear Rossi asked one day what is a big end and the reply from the mechanic in the background was you are you twat. That reminds me if you really must watch circuit racing you need to try and get some DVDs of Kevin Schwantz back when GP riders could Ride and the bikes did what the rider made them do not what the latest download from the engine management technician ( Computer Geek)  told it to do.

Yee ha:blink:

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

MotoGP over?  i think not.  you're all missing the point of my previous post - i'm not blind to the fact that the 800cc racing has been pretty lame of late, i freely admit that.  Moto2 is where it's at for the racing spectacle at the moment, and i don't hear too many people compaining about the 125s.

MotoGP has a big chance in 2012 to get it's house in order - we'll see if it works.  also, WSBK needs to be careful - it's on the crest of a wave at the moment, but it won't be long before it too ends up like the current MotoGP class.  the rules need to be changed soon to an Evo-type set of regulations.

michael dunlop needs to get himself into short circuit racing so we can see just how good he is - he can't do that staying where he is.  the likes of mike hailwood proved they could could hack it at road racing and at world championship levels ... so stand up and be counted.

and i remain stead-fast of the opinion that bravery doesn't not equate to riding talent.

Reply to this Topic
jamierob

Feb 09

jamierob says:

UGP V CosherB

I agree with your comment that WSB needs to watch out cause 2 world championships for 1000cc bikes could be confusing for the masses..As for Michael Dunlop I was at Kirkistown reently were he broke the lap record but I agree ,racing in England would do no harm ,finance could be a problem though, I think Michael needs to concentrate on his fitness and his PR ( finishing 2nd or 3rd at the TT is,nt that bad )...As for your comments about bravery Vs talent i,m sure Carl Fogarty would disagree as would the late great BSB and TT champion Steve Hislop.

Reply to this Topic
johnmcd

Jul 10

johnmcd says:

michael dunlop

Short circuit is were he cut his teeth and he still does the short circuits, as did his dad and uncle for years they never stopped. But i reckon thats were my dislike of circuits came from a windy wet day at kirkistown is hell as a spectator no matter who is riding and thats the point the predetermined circuits have little or no surprises beyond the top 4 , were as road racing you never know look at anstey at the UGP hutchy reckoned he had it in the bag but thats not how it happend. On the edge of your seat definately.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices