Skip to content

Where to Ride Northants/Rutland meets Meets, routes and tours (UK)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (UK) > Northants/Rutland meets

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

Northants/Rutland meets

Hi

I live in Corby and have just got myself a ZX7R after a few years of not owning a bike, and wondered if anyone could tell me where bikers in this part of the country tend to congregate at the weekends? I know Matlock bath and Stratford are popular haunts, but there must be some others?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (20 August 2010 11:34)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (UK)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Webbs

Dont worry about it !! Riders of all abilities, on all types of bike use the place, there is a motorcycle training school attached to the shop, so you will see all standards of riding !! Lets just hope it's decent weather at the weekend :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

Too late?

I think I got there just a bit too late (about 1pm), because the skies darkened and everyone made off on their bikes before I'd had a chance to eat my cheeseburger.

Reply to this Topic
phatdubsta

Sep 10

phatdubsta says:

i remember webbs being carnell!

Hi,i,m a peterboro rider and i remember carnell,u must be as old as me!

Me and the mrs like a ride upto rutland water,and every second tuesday evening to ashby foalville,nr melton mowbry where there's loadsa bikes and classic cars on a cricket pitch!

Taz motorcycles seems to be quite popular in pboro to on a sat

i gotta gsxR750l blue/white,maybe see you around m8:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

Only at weekends

To be honest, when Carnells was the place to go, I was living in Yorkshire, so my nearest one was Doncaster. When I first moved down this way, my nearest one was Milton Keynes, but soon after moving, my ex persuaded me to get rid of the bike. I never went to the one in Eye, but passed that area regularly, so knew it was there.

I was told about Taz, which i'll call in to next time i'm out and about. I can only make Saturdays at the moment because of work (regular afternoon shifts), and my girlfriend won't get on the back of the ZX7R until a) i'm used to it, and b) she's got some protective clothing. We've got family/friends in Peterborough/Stamford/Oakham, so i'm always around there on a Saturday when the weather is good.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices