You are in... Forums > General > General > NODDING AT EACH OTHER

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

YoungHomer

Dec 09

YoungHomer says:

NODDING AT EACH OTHER

We all nod at each other on the road because we're the minority (especially those of us who aren't fair weather riders during crap weather) and we feel we're part of a club. We give an extra big nod and maybe back it up with a beep and flashing headlights if the other rider's got the same bike! (I ride a BMW R1200RT SE.) But the other day a scooter rider nodded at me and I instinctively nodded back. I genuinely couldn't believe I had nodded at someone on a scooter! Does that make me a bad person? Am I alone? :huh: 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 August 2010 21:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stufb

Jul 10

stufb says:

nod

if its got two wheels hay ho its in the club  in it  ?

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Aye

unforgivable mate,hand yer keys in at the desk n dinny come back :lol::lol::lol::wink::wink:

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Nodding Dog

Why not broaden it to include little old ladies on thier scooters and while were at it zimmer frames! :biggrin: 

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

it's been posted before, but.....

...just changed my bike recently,..from an old zxr to an old bandit, AND I couldn't beleave the difference. 

Maybe cos i ride older bikes, and the newer bikes don't nod?..Nah!...I get more nods when riding my old vfr and the wife's baby ninja than I do on my bandit.

Me?..i don't give a shit..but on MY planet, if it's 2wheels..scooters and harley's inc..ya get a nod..

NO BIG DEAL.

(however, I have noticed EVERY FUCKER NODS AT THE MRS....so it's not the bike ya ride,.. it's how big or small your arse is in them leathers  SIMPLES)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::winkie::winkie::winkie::winkie::winkie::winkie::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stufb

Jul 10

stufb says:

---

thers allways one :huh:

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

I usually nod

Even if...it's a learner lol.  Anyone who will give it that much effort despite all the hurdles these days good luck to 'em.  (Apart from scooter riding chav's of course):wink:

Reply to this Topic
HANNspreeGirl

Aug 10

I nod at anyone me.. (except squids)

I nod at anyone thats wearing appropriate clothing, ie, not a squid, can't be doing with that, even if they nod at me I will blank them because I disapprove.. Providing they are dressed appropriately then I will nod at anyone, regardless of the bike they ride, it's a mutual respect for the danger we both know we face, T-shirt and shorts riders just don't get that, which is why they don't get a nod from me.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

HANSpreeGirl

I understand where you are comming from, but what do you wear in 37 degree temperatures?
I'm melting in bikini bottoms and a cotton top!  (But I never wear flipflops on the bike) :sunglasses:

I nod at coppers on bikes. (Is that really bad?) :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
currypasty

Aug 02

currypasty says:

ninja nods at coppers on bikes

So do I and for some reason where I live [east midlands] it seems to really piss them off. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: so I do it all the more. lol

Reply to this Topic
HANNspreeGirl

Aug 10

ninjachica

What I wear is made by Shoei, Dianese, Sidi and Knox, I don't ride without them, ever, regardless how hot it gets... If it's too hot to wear the gear, then I don't ride, anyways, it's only hot when you stop..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices