You are in... Forums > General > General > NODDING AT EACH OTHER

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

YoungHomer

Dec 09

YoungHomer says:

NODDING AT EACH OTHER

We all nod at each other on the road because we're the minority (especially those of us who aren't fair weather riders during crap weather) and we feel we're part of a club. We give an extra big nod and maybe back it up with a beep and flashing headlights if the other rider's got the same bike! (I ride a BMW R1200RT SE.) But the other day a scooter rider nodded at me and I instinctively nodded back. I genuinely couldn't believe I had nodded at someone on a scooter! Does that make me a bad person? Am I alone? :huh: 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 August 2010 21:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
massivesnail

Aug 10

massivesnail says:

Police

in the Midlands love to give you a nod. 

Reply to this Topic
crackfinder

Mar 09

crackfinder says:

hannspreegirl

WTF is a "squid"

Reply to this Topic
3pipes

Jun 10

3pipes says:

Acknowleding our cuzzins ..

.. Isjust plain politeness, 2nd nature to older riders(brought up with it):sunglasses:, but sadly,some younger pepes have no idea of manners/politeness or dare I say respect. I fear people are almost afraid to talk to or even notice each other these days, try saying good morning to some-one on the street ,and you get looked at like you'r a nutter.. Nodding is from an age where bikers were a definate minority group, who genuinely looked out for each other.Most every-one now are self relient, all got mobile phones and are in A.A. or R.A.C. cover. Sadly people dont have much time for others.   I should be on 'Grumpy Old Men' program:laugh: 

Reply to this Topic
HANNspreeGirl

Aug 10

crackfinder

Squid:-

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

In the context of my post, I meant definition 5, but in reality, most of them are not far away.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices