Skip to content

Sport Valentinos farewell to Yamaha (1 of 2 parts) MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Valentinos farewell to Yamaha (1 of 2 parts)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

BIGMat

Jul 09

BIGMat says:

Valentinos farewell to Yamaha (1 of 2 parts)

Site wouldn't let me do both parts on one post.

Valentino wrote a short letter to the management at Yamaha after finishing 5th at Brno, It went as follows (translated from Italian, but 100% true),

He said: “It is very difficult to explain in just a few words what my relationship with Yamaha has been in these past seven years. Many things have changed since that far-off time in 2004, but especially ‘she', my M1, has changed.

"At that time she was a poor middle-grid position MotoGP bike, derided by most of the riders and the MotoGP workers. Now, after having helped her to grow and improve, you can see her smiling in her garage, courted and admired, treated as the ‘top of the class'. The list of the people that made this transformation possible is very long, but I would like to thank anyway Masao Furusawa, Masahiko Nakajima and ‘my' Hiroya Atsumi, as representatives of all the engineers that worked hard to change the face of our M1.

"Then Jeremy Burgess and all my guys in the garage, who took care of her with love on all the tracks of the world and also all the men and women that have worked in the Yamaha team during these years. Now the moment has come to look for new challenges; my work here at Yamaha is finished. "Unfortunately even the most beautiful love stories finish, but they leave a lot of wonderful memories, like when my M1 and I kissed for the first time on the grass at Welkom, when she looked straight in my eyes and told me ‘I love you!'

Reply - http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?topic-id=399285

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 August 2010 14:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices