Skip to content

Discuss This Top ten 125cc motorcycles First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Top ten 125cc motorcycles

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Top ten 125cc motorcycles

More than 12,000 MCN readers have responded to our Biking Britain survey this year, and your combined scores on the bikes you own and love (or hate) have allowed us to put together this definitive list of your top 10 125cc motorcycles.         Find a bike for sale now Here are the machines that topped your list of 125s:                10 - Suzuki RV125 Van Van (03-on) £460-£2695Overall rating: 80%Info:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 August 2010 14:59)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jockman666

Sep 09

Jockman666 says:

Lies!

How could they put the CBR so low down the pile!!! From my own experience I had a 06 CBR125 and got just over 80mph (downhill flat to the tank!). Also for the price of the Yamaha you could get a nice big bike :-)

Reply to this Topic
mattrawr

Jan 10

mattrawr says:

Hmmm..CBR needs more respect

I had an 09 CBR that I bought to take my test on. Amazing little bike! By far the best priced 'sport' 125, very economical, easy to ride, looks great with sports panniers fitted, nice under seat storage, easy to maintain and capable of easily over 70mph. Even though it's not as sexy as the RS125 or YZF-R125 it is ideal to take your test on and tonnes of fun at the same time! As well as being cheaper to buy, run and insure. So in my opinion the best 125 motorcycle is the Honda CBR125.

Reply to this Topic
supaste

Aug 10

supaste says:

SYM XS 125K

Have you guys ever done a review of them?

Reply to this Topic
SIII

Nov 09

SIII says:

VT 125

Just traded my Honda Shadow in for my first big bike. Have to say the VT 125 was a fantastic little bike, but when i say little its only the cc, not the bike. Most people i met, quiet often bikers could not believe it was only a 125. Cruises at 65-70 mph easily and will do 78 mph downhill tucked even with my 6'2" and 17 stone on it. Tried out the cbr and yzf but as a proper adult sized learner, the VT was the only bike that 'fitted'. Am not into the cruiser scene and have chopped this in for an SV 650 sport bt was sad to see the Honda go. Quality of finish was excellent and never let me down in the 4000+ miles I did. Needs new set of plugs every 5000 miles to keep running sweet.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

GN125?

Thats a bit of a surprise. All the others deserve to be there but I could discuss the order at some length...

Also note how its almost completely made of japanese bikes...

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

honda cbr ha

ok first off the honda cbr 125 is a heap of crap it is the worst lookin bike there looks like a pedal bike so thin and just eww the nsr was a far better bike reason I say this about the cbr and not the cg or suzui is at least they are what they are and don't try to lie about it lol and have to say the aprilia has to be up the list more they have always been the fastest from the start and you got to admit they have looked better than the rest for as long as they have made them not just the current model Bit surprised that the wee hyosung gtr125 isnt in there great lookin wee bike and surprisingly not to bad an engine But what should have been in there was the old yamaha sr125 my first bike so probley bias had an old 1984 bike it ran perfectly bullet proof and still done 68mph thats my 2 bits worth

Reply to this Topic
Speedy13

May 05

Speedy13 says:

Poor kids

No wonder kids aren't getting on bikes, the fun and dnager has gone out of them!!. Most of these are boring, ugly, gutless, heavy four strokes the kids can't tune. Apart from the gorgeous Aprilia which every kid wanted, what happened to the rest of the proper racing 2 strokes. TZR, RD & RG's I grew up tuning them to an eventual stand still, leaning off the mixture for more power, filing ports out, re-jetting and inevitably changing nipped up pistons. Fantastic!!! You always looked for ways to get 1 more mph over your mates. Shame the kids don't learn these engineering skills (through mistakes of course)  

ooh a CG125, the chicks will really dig that!!!!   

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Steady13

A YZF-R125 would eat any olde worlde 2-stroke 125 for brekkie, better handling, decent power delivery, good ergonomics and superior tyres and set up... Nice to see the VanVan making it into the top 10 :-D thats one funky-ass lil bike, well recommend!!

Reply to this Topic
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

KMX 125

Surprised not to see the KMX in the top 10. I bought a brand new racing green one on HP when I was 17.

It was an absolutely brilliant bike and I went everywhere on it before having it reposessed, because I couldn't keep up the payments, ah the naive care free days of youth, happy days :-)

Reply to this Topic
bumbletrumpet

Jun 04

HYOSUNG GT125R

The only reason I can think that the fantastic Hyosung GT125R didn't figure in the list is that not enough people have seen or ridden one. It is physically about the same size as a sports 600 and makes all the bikes in this list look like mopeds (yes, even the YZFR125). It also has a great sounding V-twin four stroke engine which will pull over 75mph, a fully digital display and build quality equal to, or better than the others. Anyone looking for a sports 125 should seriously consider a GT125R.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices