Skip to content

Discuss This Gordon Ramsay test rides Ducati ‘Monster 1100 superbike’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Gordon Ramsay test rides Ducati ‘Monster 1100 superbike’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Gordon Ramsay test rides Ducati ‘Monster 1100 superbike’

Bike-loving Desmosedici owner Gordon Ramsey has been spotted test-riding a ‘Ducati Monster 1100’ in Los Angeles. Not particularly interesting news you might think, and you’d be right. But it’s always amusing to see how the nationals handles a story involving something so foreign and mysterious as motorcycling, and there are some gems in the Daily Mail’s coverage. The Mail surmises Ramsay...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 August 2010 13:36)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
racman46

Jun 06

racman46 says:

It saddens me that MCN are so interested in the so called "news story" that they are prepared to promote people like this riding with nothing more than a helmet for protection. Having seen a friend of mine recently knocked off their bike and only surviving because they were wearing full proper protective gear I believe that MCN should be taking the lead in encouraging all bikers to dress appropriately every time they take their bike on the road or track.

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

correct gear

@racman46. dude it's not upto you or MCN what people wear to ride their bikes in. It's a matter of opinion what is thought to be the correct gear. Is correct gear only 5 star rated stuff? is your jacket better than any other? Ramsey is in LA, it's red hot out there and its all about style too, your not going to see people riding Hellcat choppers wearing full face helmets with enduro style jackets with relfectors and waist belts. I am all for wearing protective clothing and I do every ride. Be fair to MCN they are about bikes and they cant start only publishing stuff that promotes the"correct" gear. You can choose not to read it in  future if you don't like what you see.

Reply to this Topic
racman46

Jun 06

racman46 says:

correct gear!

Lets just hope the idiot doesn't fall off or get knocked off, not that i care about him or people like him its the poor ambulance men and police officers who have to clean up the mess on the roads that I feel sorry for.

Reply to this Topic
aziraphale666

Aug 10

gear

do me a favour racman , climb down off your high horse, isnt there enough legislation , rules do,s and donts in this wonderful country of ours , without being told what to wear on your own bike.

if someone chooses to ride in a pisspot singlet and slippers its there choice , THERE CHOICE, point made .

Reply to this Topic
Jun 06

alter says:

i agee with coments about riders choice,its your choice so get over it.before you no it we will be forced to ride with roll bar on every bike

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

Gear won't stop broken bones and death

Gordon looks like a retard in shorts and a t-shirts. Its not that its "unsafe" because riding motorbikes is unsafe compared to driving a car, its that you look like a pillock. He looks like even MORE of a pillock w/ the sunglasses under clear visor, and bloody shopping he's holding on the right bar. Its sad that living in America, he has to dress like an American. Sad part is I think he's a passionate brilliant and entertaining guy who truly seems to love cars and bikes (tho why he drives a bloody Audi Q7 on Kitchen Nightmares I'll never know), and you wouldn't catch me DEAD in this getup. On a sunny day, I'll wear a t-shirt w/ no jacket or gloves and ride cautiously but shorts on a man in public = fashion faux pas, and shorts on a man on a motorbike = crime against humanity.

Reply to this Topic
racman46

Jun 06

racman46 says:

Idiots!!

Your right its your choice if you want to be an Idiot....good luck!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

I know the risks when I ride in shorts and tshirt (all summer long) and the police and ambulance guys and girls know what they are getting into when they start their career. You can call me an idiot but I don't fancy riding around in 39 degree heat (where I live today) and would rather take the risk as 100% of others riders do in southern Europe.

Reply to this Topic
forklift

Apr 08

forklift says:

this is not news...

This really is  not news, just a gap filler. C'mon MCN!

Reply to this Topic
chmer20

Oct 09

chmer20 says:

gear

Heat stroke in full gear is almost a certain crash. But then so might be riding around with a shopping bag hanging from the bars.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices