Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow better off in WSB for 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow better off in WSB for 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow better off in WSB for 2011

Cal Crutchlow would be better off delaying his switch to MotoGP until 2012, according to a leading Yamaha boss. The British rider has become hot property since he won both races at the Silverstone WSB round earlier this month and Crutchlow is close to clinching a deal to replace Ben Spies in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for 2011. Crutchlow was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 August 2010 10:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Stay Put!!!

I would hate to see Cal running about in 7-8th place in Moto GP for 2-3 years then have to come back to WSBKs as seems to hapen with most! Why don't riders stick to what they are good at? There is no shame in being a multiple world Superbike Champion!

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

He can decide

On the mail RawDawg, the set up advice given by Rossi in testing was exactly what had been asked for all year by Cal. Whether he  goes or not should be a decision left entirely to him... if he is right in making the move straight away then great for him, however if he decides to go and with the benefit of time and hindsight he should of waited longer then the decision was always his rather than someone else's that may have had other motivations. 

I've only seen him race in WSS from last year on and the guy is a talent without a shadow of a doubt, and if he is as talented as you guys are saying that may have followed his career, then he will adapt and another year in WSB, taking nothing away from the quality their, will not benefit him greatly. But like any rider, he will need a decent bike underneath him and a good team to get the results. Be interesting to see how Cal goes in the last 3 rounds of WSB after his big double last race.  

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

The Spectator!

I know very little of the ins and outs of the racers, their bike set-ups and the balance between rider skill and crew-team input. What I do know is that I will find MotoGP that bit more interesting if there is a Brit racing than if there isn't, so my hope is that he takes the Tech 3 offer.

FWIW, I would also agree with some of the opinions that another year in WSBK on Pirelli's won't necessarily help with a later move to MotoGP and Brigestone tyres, IMHO... but then I doubt if I could tell the difference between running on a pair of Dunlops and a pair of tyres made from wood! <¬)

Reply to this Topic
mcbainuk

Sep 09

mcbainuk says:

one thing's for sure

Let's hope he doesn't waste his MotoGP chance by going to Suzuki!

Reply to this Topic
mcbainuk

Sep 09

mcbainuk says:

also

I wonder if Yamaha will provide him with a bike to have a race in MotoGP before the end of the season like they did for Spies.......

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

bruncvik & mazzz1

I guess you guys missed were I said "It's debatable that Rossi don't sort it in a half ass test or that the team just didn't listen to JT and Cal". When it was said that the team learn more with Rossi than the whole year with the regular riders, I was the first one to raise my hand and say "bullshit" to that. Seriously, they have so much data that they could see what lap the riders farted in their leathers. That didn't make sense.

Anyway, it Yamaha won't have a factory seat at Tech 3 than what's the point of hanging around WSBK for another year without any guarantees?

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

You go Cal...

I hope Cal goes to MotoGP next year if he is given the chance. These opportunities don't come along all the time and in my opinion it is foolish to pass up the chance.

More time in WSBK won't help him at all on a MotoGP bike because they are very different machines. He has the talent to do well if he gets a decent bike and the Tech 3 machine has proven to be the best non factory machine so far this year.

Go for it Mr Crutchlow!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

get off to moto gp

once in a lifetime opportunity to be at the top take it !

Reply to this Topic
tongy1

Nov 08

tongy1 says:

really?

Well although i would say he is my fav wsb rider right now he isnt leading the championship or anything. Yeah ok the BIKE dont last race distance most of the time and if it did we would probably see more wins. But come on look at spies. In my opinion the most talented rider wsb has seen and he is doing the business in gp but cal isnt really close to him right now i dont think. I hope he stays and i think he will win it next year (wsb title) go in with full confidence as he thrives on confidence rather then go in with a bit of doubt if he can match it with the boys. I think secretley spies knew he could run top 5 pace before he went, whereas im not sure with cal.

Reply to this Topic
blueyscoupe

Jun 10

blueyscoupe says:

Not Good Enough

I can't see how Crutchlow is anywhere near ready for MotoGP. Winning 2 races at your home circuit in WSBK does not now make you ready for MotoGP. Even those that have been WSBK champs have found it tough moving to MotoGP. Crashing, under performing then winning 2 races at home does not in anyway mean your ready for MotoGP. If Crutchlow goes to MotoGP who will be churned up and spat out quicker than Toseland was. Come on the sport should be more about rider ability than the obvious need to get an English rider half competitive in MotoGP. At least the aussies have to ride their ring off and earn their rides by reaching their full potential in WSBK, as did the likes of Bayliss. We should only being seeing the best in MotoGP. Not could bes struggling at the back of the field all season. Makes the sport more interesting if they are more capable of running up the front.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices