Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati quit WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Ducati quit WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Ducati quit WSB

Ducati will quit WSB at the end of the season it has announced in a press release issued today. The Italian company says it will focus its technical resources on product development and will therefore not compete in the 2011 WSB series with a factory team. The press release stated: Ducati, having participated with a factory team in every edition of the World...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 August 2010 14:36)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

Ebb and Flow of racing

I am not sure how Aprilia is able to race with their gear driven cam engine, to my mind it is a prototype. This was one of the reasons given for Ducati's leaving the show. Another may be that their new motor that will spearhead their future sales will not be ready until at least 2012. The good news for the series is that the Ducati "customer" bikes are as fast, if not faster than the factory versions. However, with no factory development and no new style motor, 2011 and 2012 will be a struggle for privateers. Levers is right, it is always sad when a series loses a manufacturer. At least WSB is not in the dire position of MotoGP, can anyone hear the bubbles as Suzuki sinks?

Reply to this Topic
scottdiver690

Nov 09

Rossi???

Well how else are Ducati supposed to pay for Rossi's surely astronimical wages....ah yes...cut the WSB team, perfect!!

Reply to this Topic
rockabrilia

Jul 10

rockabrilia says:

Really?

I thought Ducati owns the WSB?

Reply to this Topic
bluepetes

Sep 09

bluepetes says:

ITS BAD NEWS FOR WSB I WAS LOOKING FORWOULD TO 2011 FOR BAYLISS COMMING BACK THANKS HAGA I BLAME YOU

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Gabriele del Torchio

was quoted in MCN (18/08/10)........

"World Superbike remains one of our main interests. We have a long history in World Superbikes, so you will see Ducati bikes in the next year and the coming years in WSB."

To me it kind of suggests Factory bikes? Supply of bikes and support to private teams is hardly going to get us punter's juices going!!

Conspiracy theories abound with the notion of Rossi's wages being the culprit but surely this has something to do with it? Ducati won't want to sign the biggest name in Motorcycle racing and not give him a machine capable of doing a '2004 Yamaha'?!? All efforts are clearly being funnelled to this purpose.

Every time in recent years Ducati have had a disagreement with rule changes in WSB, the Flammini Bros have seemingly allowed concession, but now the dummy is staying on the floor.......

I was disappointed when Ducati pulled out of BSB and am now moreso because WSB is a great race series, made more exciting due to the amount of factory teams involved. Exactly the opposite of the current MotoGP grid?

By all means Ducati, give Vale a decent bike next year but do yourselves and racing fans a favour and commit full factory status teams in WSB and BSB as soon as possible please?

Reply to this Topic
guyincognito

Oct 08

guyincognito says:

GOOD!

Had the rules bent far to much to give them an advantage! Proper racing now with the fours and no whinging about  rules/ regs ect! Think ducati should go do there own series and cheat amongst themselves! Bye Bye ducati...

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

Sour grapes...

I think Red123 is spot on; they are having a tough time and now are taking their ball away !

Shame; WSB provides far better racing (by and large) than the current MotoGP which is about as interesting as the car grand prix.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

not the end of the world

i think its right for them to take a step back and focus on other things, they are making the best road bikes in the world now, and have just signed Rossi so things could be worse.. im sure they will be back soon with the new superbike. still with a few private teams out there im sure we will still hear the glorious "sound of God" in WSB next year. plus with Aprilia and BMW coming on so strong - the Asian fours wont have much their own way.

Reply to this Topic
happybobo

Aug 10

happybobo says:

Ducati Holiday

The Vs have had their day now and without changing or just plain bending the rules in WSB the prospect of Ducati getting another championship seems remote and the cost of running a Ducati team must be astronomical. Restricting all the fours again to give the Ducati's a chance might have been an option but with the influx of new manufacturers to the championship having Ducati there is no longer critical .How about a V4 in a couple of years (If all goes well with Rossi)?

Reply to this Topic
nai2468

Aug 08

nai2468 says:

Ducati

Ducati is what racing is about, and MotoGP is a long way from that...Count me out for the purchase of red one in the future..  Motogp leaves me cold.. Great to have Moto2 I have to say which makes up for disapointing motogp.. only only 17 riders.. & four with a bike worth having.. hope Carl C does not go their and become an also ran rather than a serious racer.

I am glad I have sky+ so that I can record MotoGP then see the first lap and then the last lap in a few seconds to see who won the actionless procession. Been doing it for severl years with F1, as it is not worth watching..either..do not need to go and make a cup of tea or mow the lawn when it is on any more..

Well a sad day.. when a big wage gets the backing and not real racing that has some link to road bikes..

I have to add that when will Motogp be cutting edge & prototypes they were years back?  Having an R1 ebgine does not sound very prototype nor dor the standard forks and frames.. The glory days of the prototype were back in the eighteis. Ask Ron Haslam..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle