Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati quit WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Ducati quit WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Ducati quit WSB

Ducati will quit WSB at the end of the season it has announced in a press release issued today. The Italian company says it will focus its technical resources on product development and will therefore not compete in the 2011 WSB series with a factory team. The press release stated: Ducati, having participated with a factory team in every edition of the World...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 August 2010 14:36)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

cheats

this is great news for racing, finally the cheats have given up

this will allow equal playing field for all teams left

now the organisiers dont have to worry about protecting Ducati

glad to see the back of them,made my day

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

V4 Superbike Then

Plain as day... They can see the 1200cc twins are simply too much and would stretch them to far to develop a new superbik along side the current V-twin.

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

Super Quadrata

..or code named some such thing..and guys, its NOT a freakin V-4..supposed to be an oversquare twin, big bore ultra short stroke..and the frame is said to be some kinda 'frameless' monocoque type..

MCN and motorcyclist already reported such..

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Woop de doo

As has been said already - good riddance! I find it ironic that Ducati are now suffering due to the series going in a more prototype direction after it was they and Bimota who introduced factory teams to the series in the first instance.

I don't see the series suffering in the least as there will still be a Ducati presence, just more akin to the Suzuki effort.

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

Cheats

I think it's a bit strong calling them cheats!! The rules are made by a committee that they are part of which also include other manufactor's. By that logic Aprilia is cheating with it's gear driven cam lol! I will miss the presence of the factory Dukes taking on the might of the Japenese but enjoy the new Aprilia threat to the Japenese!

Reply to this Topic
levers

Aug 02

levers says:

Sad loss

I think the loss of any manufacturer is a sad blow for the series, and especially for Ducati. They have given much to the series, and have provided some of the best entertaining racing and racers. I for one will be sad to see them go, and this I predict will be harmful to the series.

Well done to Ducati though, and thank you for many years of great racing you have provided  in the WSB! You will be missed!

(By me at least!)

Levers and my Ducati 999.

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

DUCATI QUITTING

Ducati want their ball back because they are nt getting their own way . i seem to remember 2 previous occasions like this with Ducati  . if their engine has reached its development end then make a new engine just like the other manufactures . Also of course when ever they don t win races they want some sort of concession . No im not anti Ducati i have one great bike too .

Reply to this Topic
dskyrme

Aug 05

dskyrme says:

desmo

wonder if they would consider running there D16RR  it fits in with the homoglation rules!!

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

This is music........

........... to my ears.....

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Ha ha haaa...

Errr.... yes... ahem...

We (Ducati) will stay commited to our world superbike effort until such a time as we can no longer bend the rules in our favour!!!!

Please come back Mr. Tardozzi... our trophy cabinet is looking bare.....!!! 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices