Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki W800 Bonneville-rival is real New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki W800 Bonneville-rival is real

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Kawasaki W800 Bonneville-rival is real

Kawasaki is about to reveal a bigger replacement for the defunct W650 Triumph Bonneville replica, confirming internet speculation. The bike will be called the W800 and feature a largely similar chassis, but feature a disc brake at the rear and power hiked to match Triumph’s own modern-day Bonneville, at around 60bhp. Kawasaki’s original W650 was popular with customisers, especially in Japan, but...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 August 2010 15:57)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
uksnapper

Mar 04

uksnapper says:

Kawasaki W800

It does at least look like a classic  motorcycle and not simply a cloned lookalike modern day racer

Reply to this Topic
slyderx

Jun 05

slyderx says:

paralell twins

must dig out my KZ750twin so.....

Reply to this Topic
deanix

Mar 09

deanix says:

Kawasaki W800

As a 2002 model W650 owner in Japan, I was intrigued by this W800 news. It _must_ be fuel-injected--the official reason for discontinuing the W650 was that the twin Keihins cannot be tweaked to produce a sufficiently clean emission (even with Kleen-Air). Fuel-injection can do this for you.

More cubes, so it'll maybe vibrate more and go a bit better, no kickstart (building down to a cost maybe). I found the kick useful once when the battery was down, but it's mainly for showing off to young lasses --  and that bloody awful ironing board saddle that was on the early Ws -- why?

Rear disc is a bugger too -- the drum on the W650 has a nice progressive feel to it--when I need it use it--which is rarely.

Overall -- thanks but no thanks -- the W650 does the job for me OK...

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Canny that lyke!

DROOOOOOLLLLL! Looks as good as my Royal Enfield Bullet and an improvement on the Triumph Bonnie..... I'm tempted!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices